Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

To be fair, it isn't just high-ZEM zones that are affected. It is every zone that has something that offers something to kill.

It is very similar to the seafury nerf on blue that caused all of the previously-contained-in-one-area weirdos to do their weirdo things elsewhere.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good I hope. Hopefully it continues and is stable, then the community will eventually reform and it will be fun again.
It'll decay for awhile. They always do.

What remains to be seen is how the server recycling changes things, but I'm wagering a long term death. The nostalgia hit has been satisfied for most of the people who care about it, there isn't a LOT of new blood coming in, and the autist /list campers are progressing one funeral at a time.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact: i already quit, installed other emu over my P99 installations. If i even wanted to log in it would take hours and im not that motivated ever
Where ya headed? (Honest question) I never played it but PEQ has respectable P99 like numbers. EQ-Reborn seemed like it held promise, but it's in the P99-red levels of population, and that's with some people 2-boxing.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where ya headed? (Honest question) I never played it but PEQ has respectable P99 like numbers. EQ-Reborn seemed like it held promise, but it's in the P99-red levels of population, and that's with some people 2-boxing.
Probably back to shards of dalya, that's where i came from. To be honest i'm having trouble getting into it. I was drawn to blue by the awesome community that existed before green launch, i very much want to see that community revived, kinda depressing w/o it so this weekend i was playing starflight 2, lol its like 30 years old but fun.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Servers cost money. In theory both Green and Teal could have been virtualized on the same box, not costing any extra, but that seems unlikely. And even if it was, still, running two VMs uses more juice, more bandwidth, etc. ... not to mention the fact that two servers eat up a lot more staff time also.

Look I'm sad ... no, I'm seriously bummed out about the merger. I was prepared to go without sleep for a night or maybe two if I had to: that would suck and be unhealthy, but as a "once in my life thing" I was about to do it. But I can't stay awake for three nights straight, and that means because I chose to wait a week to do a particular list, now I'll likely never complete the last of the series of goals I had for my Teal character.

But I paid exactly $0 for the privilege of being bummed out, and it seems awfully unfair to be bitter that someone is saving some money ... when that someone is already spending a ton of time and money to let me have the rest of the P99 experience (and I'm sure I'll soon get over my bummed out-edness and go back to enjoying all that).

So the merger has me bummed out, for sure ... but I certainly don't fault the staff for not wanting to light money on fire, when they're already burning a ton just to keep these three servers going ... and when again, it's not just the money, but their time too. Volunteers willing to not play, but spend time helping others play, have got to be "rarer than gold", and now at least they'll be spread between fewer servers.

P.S. And as for "why not Red?" ... live had PvP servers and non-PvP servers. It seems the P99 folks consider it to be part of their "re-creating 1999" mission to always have a PvP server going to match the non-PvP one. But there's nothing in that "mission" that requires two classic servers.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh in 1999 eq had lots of servers

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-20-2020, 04:07 PM
Banned

man these tears are delicious

consider blue today!
Old 01-20-2020, 04:08 PM
Banned

Teal was dead as fuck, God bless staff who rescued my characters from dead ass teal. Only people crying wanted uncontested pixels.

Teal deserved to be euthanized based on it's EC tunnel alone.

Blue classic EC was never empty like that.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man these tears are delicious

consider blue today!
this

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-20-2020, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get why there was at least one poll, and also an announcement for Teal to be created, but no warning at all or delay before they merged.

There's definitely a large piece of the puzzle that's missing here.

I contributed almost $500USD since Green launched, so for some of us at least, it's more than "free" game. I feel that this sudden pulling-of-the-plug with no warning on Teal has shaken my confidence in the leadership, and I will be abstaining from contributing (and playing) for the foreseeable future.

I'll keep checking the forums once in a while to see how the circus is going, and probably sadly smile when the population reaches the same 500-800 sustainable level that a classic server can handle in 2020.

Anyone want to start a pool? I have some money that was just freed up.

Astuce
I think for all the people like you who are complaining, stepping away from the game would be a healthy choice for you.

But in all likelihood you're all going to keep playing even with all your crying. But if you don't, good for you, cya.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh in 1999 eq had lots of servers
And your point is ...? Are you trying to argue that the P99 admins should create exactly as many servers as live had ... with like 20 people on each?

Obviously Blue/Green (and Teal /mourn) were meant to represent all non-PvP servers, and Red is meant to represent all PvP ones.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread