Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 03:27 AM
Large Rat

Default Ench and Thex Mallet Quest

So, it appears that dark elf form and collaboration doesnt help with Thex Mallet quest givers any more after the patch. What gives?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Kobold

If this is true that really fucking sucks. In my experience, Thex Mallet quest is a harmonious camp that doesn't disrupt Befallen whatsoever. I've never had a negative interaction or dispute while doing this camp, and have had a lot of fun C and hasting noobs and chatting with fellow Encs. As a casual, non-60 player with limited play time, this was a great source of cash for gear.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is true that really fucking sucks. In my experience, Thex Mallet quest is a harmonious camp that doesn't disrupt Befallen whatsoever. I've never had a negative interaction or dispute while doing this camp, and have had a lot of fun C and hasting noobs and chatting with fellow Encs. As a casual, non-60 player with limited play time, this was a great source of cash for gear.
Make a lvl 1 DE SK or Necro and drop transfer the mallet, turn it in, drop transfer the reaper back. The back of Neriak 3rd gate is almost always empty with everyone in the zone at the cleric guild. There are a lot of buildings or the water to drop transfer in that no one ever goes into. It adds like 2-3 mins of minor inconvenience to each turn in, but that's all it is is a minor inconvenience. With the new loading times it probably wont even take a full 2-3 minutes.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Kobold

I presume OP meant the initial note from Kizdean Gix is what's potentially nerfed here, not the final hand-in. Haven't been on yet to test so ignore if this isn;t the case.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Large Rat

There is always a workaround but the bigger question would be; whats the point of faction buff if its useless on quest givers.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Kobold

I doubt Collab isn't working to get Kizdean to indifferent but he's like lvl 20 just charm him and then say the phrase.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

charm him should work

(if not ask a Sk or necro to help spawn Cmdr)
Old 02-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Kobold

I just checked, OP is right Loveal is Apprehensive before and after Collab cast. Ghoul outside went from Warmly to Ally so Collab its self isn't broke.

Maybe Loveal had his faction changed. Apprehensive is 400 faction points and Collab is only 300. If Loveal was on the verge of Indifferently before the patch 300 points would be enough to get to Amiable. If he's on the verge of Dubious now, it makes sense why it wont move out of Apprehensive.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Kobold

Reaper quest is not broken. As a 60 bard with DE mask + faction song I was able to do 3 reapers. The only issue I had was for some reason kiz had to be agroed, moved, mezed, clear agro ( via camp during me ) and then when I logged back in I was able to get him to respond to the note text.

Each time he would not respond with the note when I first ran up, had to agro and camp for him to respond.

*edit* without mask and song I am dubious to kiz, neriak, and loveal. Mask or song gets me apprehensive, both takes me to kindly.
Last edited by Puluin; 02-11-2019 at 02:30 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Large Rat

Nothing was done on my end to effect my dark elf faction of any kind before the patch as I was traveling and wasnt able to play much. Unfortunately, I dont have details before the patch but everything worked like a charm. Here is what I'm seeing now though.

Agnostic
Erudite race - apprehensive to Kizdean

Dark Elf form - apprehensive to Kizdean
Casting Collaboration - apprehensive to Kizdean

I just dont understand why none of those tricks effecting my standing with him especially since I'm not kos.
Closed Thread