Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Yep, outdoor zone, meaning in theory a camp is one mob... Which is a bit ridiculous for goblins... But well so yeah ffa should apply except if ones claim a specific guard...
Old 03-07-2019, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

"camp" is somewhat loosely defined. I'd say if the guards are all in the same room, or all in the same hallway, then you can camp all of them. You could technically contend one of the spqwns if they are more spread out forcing the other person to pick a place to be "their camp". Keep in mind it's a small server and it could be considered quite rude to contend a camp when someone is keeping up with all the spawns just fine.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can hold down the spawns and kill them as they spawn, its your camp. If you cant, its not your camp.
Basically this, I would agree. I don't get butthurt if someone kills something I couldn't kill in time etc.

Only sure fire way to hold a camp in HHK is to call 1 guard and sit on his spawn. That's how it was on live..people literally camped just 1 guard each lol. Get like 40 people in the zone.

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Old 03-08-2019, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Reset Highkeep, get them ears out
Old 03-08-2019, 01:36 AM
Sarnak

Are you guys sure highkeep is considered outdoor rules? Are mistmoore/city of mist/unrest/karnor castle/veeshan's peak/plane of mischief/plane of fear/plane of hate/plane of growth FFA zones too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can hold down the spawns and kill them as they spawn, its your camp. If you cant, its not your camp.
No...

"In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead. It is allowed to 'camp' multiple areas if there are no other players interested in doing so, however if another party is interested in moving into one of your camps, you must chose which one to keep and maintain your presence there."
Last edited by Sacer; 03-08-2019 at 01:44 AM..
Old 03-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you guys sure highkeep is considered outdoor rules? Are mistmoore/city of mist/unrest/karnor castle/veeshan's peak/plane of mischief/plane of fear/plane of hate/plane of growth FFA zones too?

No...

"In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead. It is allowed to 'camp' multiple areas if there are no other players interested in doing so, however if another party is interested in moving into one of your camps, you must chose which one to keep and maintain your presence there."
Its 1 mob outside.. or whats in your immediate line of sight. Other mobs are fte
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

The rules here are not well documented or presented. In most cases the “real rules” are hidden in a decades worth of gm replies in forum threads like this one... good luck finding them! Oh that and the rules will change based on how the specific gm feels that day also in some cases so look forward to inconsistency!

The golden rule of play nice/dont be a dick is the most important thing here though which is subjective but still a good thing.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Kobold

While I acknowledge that HK is outdoors, and therefore no established camps blah blah blah, HK guards, in my experience, is most harmonious with each floor, besides the first floor, as camps. The first floor has too many people passing through, snagging guards opportunistically, for one person to claim as their own.

And as for goblins abiding by the outdoor zone rule--come on... Raise your hand if you respect the autistic lvl 50+ taking goblins from the goblin group in basement and lawyerquesting when challenged. Although, now that ears are nerfed, this might not be a thing anymore...
Old 03-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Banned

Pretty sure the golden rules are don’t two box and don’t kill a mob you don’t have fte on:-P
Old 03-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Wrong. Golden rule is to bully people with ' I HAD FRAPS RUNNING PREPARE FOR BAN'
Closed Thread