Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-27-2019, 07:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Angry Help!!!

I am trying desperately to log in but after I type in my info I get the check you internet connection bs. I am playing on a Mac with an apple router.
Do I need to start over with the install or what?
Old 05-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

did you download the patch file and unzip it and copy it to your eq folder?
Old 05-28-2019, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Not sure about the Mac. I had a hard enough time on pc. It’s not easy that’s for sure. But yea make sure you have the proper files unzipped in the right folders, that was the hardest thing for me.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Yeah I did do that but when I went to install it it gave me error box full of stuff I can't read much less translate into redneck.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonrose73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I did do that but when I went to install it it gave me error box full of stuff I can't read.
It sounds like you may have missed a step. you shouldnt have to install anything except the game itself, the patch is just files you copy into your folder, so if you are trying to install the patch then thay is probably where your hang up is. I would suggest starting over fresh and reinstall then download the patch files from step two here https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651
and just open and copy to your EQ folder replacing all files it asks you to replace. and PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS NOTE :

To launch the game, use the "Launch Titanium" file found in your Titanium directory (This should have been extracted from the Project 1999 Files).

Remember to NEVER launch "Everquest.exe" or patch the game. Doing this will require you to completely reinstall Titanium!

Cheers, good luck. Be sure when you get logged in to make sure you tell everyone youre new in EC tunnel and ask people for spare stuff.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

I recall a step also that you have to physically change the launcher by adding “.patchme” or something like that to the end of it so it directs the launcher to P99. I couldn’t get anything to work and I found that and BAM it all worked fine.