Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 12:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apologies, friend, but we have a policy in place that turkeys only can provide cosmetic items.
No need to apologize. I was very unlikely to return either way.

-- When third party program "bans" last anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks i'm out.

-- When people get caught using third party programs but the project manager decides to unban them but change their race and name to throw the playerbase off the scent, i'm out.

-- When people who change their zone files so that they can train/pvp from beneath the world get unbanned within 72 hours by sending a shirtless selfie to the project manager, yikes, i'm out.

I'm happy you're having fun coding EQ PVP but the RoZ project is a rotten fish at this point regardless of the work you do.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Banned

Someone needs to take this thread outback and shoot it
Old 06-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No need to apologize. I was very unlikely to return either way.

-- When third party program "bans" last anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks i'm out.

-- When people get caught using third party programs but the project manager decides to unban them but change their race and name to throw the playerbase off the scent, i'm out.

-- When people who change their zone files so that they can train/pvp from beneath the world get unbanned within 72 hours by sending a shirtless selfie to the project manager, yikes, i'm out.

I'm happy you're having fun coding EQ PVP but the RoZ project is a rotten fish at this point regardless of the work you do.
I completely understand you perspective on these points and am doing what I can to avoid such nonsense going forward and in 2.0.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

To be fair, I’ve been banned 8+ months.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Banned

Well maybe you should stop breaking the rules
Old 06-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, I’ve been banned 8+ months.
And you're welcome to roll again!

Our staff is pretty good at learning from mistakes. I'm hoping we as a team have realized that unbanning a blatant cheater isn't +1 to population, but rather it's -X to non-cheating population.

The shirtless selfie thing is a joke, by the way.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you're welcome to roll again!

Our staff is pretty good at learning from mistakes. I'm hoping we as a team have realized that unbanning a blatant cheater isn't +1 to population, but rather it's -X to non-cheating population.

Let the cheaters play! They won't cheat again. Riiiiiiiight.

/unsubscribe
Old 06-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

We are better at catching cheaters than any server out there. Come try
Old 06-04-2019, 03:00 PM
Banned

Some badddd optics ITT
Old 06-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It was made a joke as we all laughed at how ridiculous and deranged the 6 hour public back and forth public conversation was:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's his sandbox, he can host it any way that he wants. It's not my place to tell him how to conduct himself. As the developer you make the code in your vision, as the manager he steers the community to his vision, as a player we decide whether or not we want to play there.

The EQ PVP community is small and assimilation of new players will always be much lower than attrition of current players. The project management decisions have contributed more to the attrition of the player base than the development ones IMO.
Closed Thread