Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 12:02 PM
Aviak

Default Gone from loving enchanter to hating high 50s enchanter...

Not sure if I'm doing things wrong or what but I'm really disliking this class since I've started doing stuff in the higher end zones and feeling pretty useless in regards to mezzing/resists.

Currently lvl 57. Have max charisma with Overwhelming Splendor.

1. Go up to Plane of Hate (a dungeon we're supposed to raid at max level 50 in classic?). Try to AoE mez, all mobs resist and I die. Later on try to mez some other individual mobs. All resist and I die or nearly die if someone is able to pull aggro off before that happens. I essentially quit trying at this point and just buff because I was only 2% into 57.

2. Decide to try to start camping the Skyfire named cycle and get Felia to spawn. Try to mez a light blue wyvern or a bottomless gnawer...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mez just straight up being useless. What the heck is going on? Wiki says Mesmerize works up to lvl 55 mobs and a light blue mob to a lvl 57 is not 55+...
Old 05-31-2019, 12:48 PM
Aviak

Welp not sure how this ended up in the melee forum...
Old 06-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Aviak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

Giants/Dragons may no longer be stunned or mesmerized.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

Giants/Dragons may no longer be stunned or mesmerized.
Do wyverns actually count as dragons though? I mean, I can see them being related, but not a dragon. Drakes are related to dragons too. Can they not be mezzed?
Old 06-08-2019, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

Looks like something good to investigate; whether skyfire mobs were classically stunable, and submit a bug report in time for green's kunark release.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Banned

Most of the mobs in skyfire are unmezzable(everything but the sperms).
Notice how that root landed first cast...

In hate :
revenants and clerics will MR themselves and others
Ashenbones are belly casters
Spite golems are MR immune

You must plan accordingly.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

There are mobs in the game that can’t be mezzed. This is true for the game having mobs that can’t be slowed/stunned/snared. Some are completely magic/fire/cold/whatever resistant. Some are belly casters. That’s just a fact of eq life and other classes are situationally affected.

My paladin can’t stun velious giants, but that didn’t make me hate playing him.

Make sure you’re aware of limitations you might face. If you can’t mez after a few attempts (especially if you rooted it) ... it probably can’t be mezzed.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

when doing harder/different content u gotta think about the mob types, resistances, debuffs etc. and working together. adds alot of exciting variety and challenge

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fascination has a deeper -mr roll, also your not lvl 60 yet.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Wind_of_Tishanian did your crew -mr the mobs at all? planar content is harder. coordinate

for giants/wyverns you have three different roots all with their own place. really nice to put the mezzes/stuns away sometimes. also welcome to eq, and enc class is good times
Old 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Throwing out the AE mez first thing is a dangerous move, especially sub 60. You're gonna get resists and pull agro. When mobs come in, either in a group, or plane of hate, or whatever, let the pullers and tanks take some hits while you assess the situation. they can take it. look at what you're up against, then start cc'ing. As you get more experience with certain raid zones and what not, you'll develop a good sense of what's mezable with certain spells and know when to throw out the AE, or when to go for single targets.

Enchanter's often die when they jump into the fray super fast before others. Send in the hardbodies first and clean up the situation as it develops.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:26 AM
Kobold

If you get that many resists from mezz on a mob that cons blue or green, then yea its safe to assume it is an unmezzable mob. Also, if your on the 2nd floor of hate, those mobs have insane MR and I usually load Rapture for them, much like the shrooms in Sebilis.
Closed Thread