Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

It wasn't posted on P99 forums, and it is not advocated here. Your best bet is your favorite local search engine.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

it was here, and got nuked.

i don't see the big deal considering a lot of folks play on eqmac for testing out velious content.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Project Manager

Not nuked. Merged with eqmac thread.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Banned

EQMac can eat my butt
Old 05-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodbam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone got a link to the one that was posted on these boards? Forum search is coming up empty.
this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found this online, worth a try:

How to install
1. Install EverQuest Titanium edition and move the folder to C:\
2. Rename the EQ Titanium folder to "EQMac"
3. Download the new Intel EQMac Client located here: LaunchPad 3
4. When the new EQMac client is fully patched, find the folder (default location is C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac or C:\Users\Default\AppData\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest Mac)
5. Go into the folder "EverQuest Mac" > "Contents" > "Resources"
6. In "Resources" folder, Select All > Copy > Paste to your C:\EQMac folder. Overwrite all.
7. Extract Secrets' .zip file to C:\EQMac. Overwrite all. http://fileb.ag/0ei29cadn4k7
8. In C:\EQMac, right click eqw.exe > Properties > Compatibility Settings > Check Run as Administrator > OK.
9. Run eqw.exe
10. If you cannot get it to work (experience weird error), rerun eqw.exe and check "Fix eqclient.ini". This should fix the problem.
11. IMPORTANT: Edit eqclient.ini NewUI=TRUE instead of NewUI=FALSE (This removes the Classic and Velious UI in favor of the Luclin UI, however, the client is much more stable and actually 100% playable as opposed to playing with the older UIs. My suggestion: try the old UIs for a little bit for nostalgia purposes, but inevitably you should switch to Luclin UI for full game functionality! )
11. (Optional): Rename eqtheme.mp3, combattheme1.mp3, combattheme2.mp3, combattheme3.mp3, deaththeme.mp3, lavastorm.mp3, guk.mp3, and nektulos.mp3 to have the original classic MIDI versions restored!
12. (Optional): Go to eqclient.ini, and change LOADARMOR17 through LOADARMOR23 from =FALSE to =TRUE. Change LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=FALSE to LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE (This will allow you to see Velious armor skins)
Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Skeleton

I'm having an issue where it deletes the entire patch about two minutes of being in-game, and then I can't put it back in.

Never played EverQuest before this, loving it so far!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Large Bat

As far as i see https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...e-8-26.202787/ they patched it so you are unable to play it on PC Clients, which could explain the 800+ peak population on this server as of late
Last edited by Cadis; 10-07-2013 at 09:17 PM..
Old 10-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Developer

There is another pc patch that works with latest version. In fact it's even better with a fixed bazaar. I'm sure you'll find it on other sites.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Banned

The server is a joke the people on macs there are a joke. They all have a mental disorders that somehow spending 3 g's on a computer we spend 500 on means they are better humans.

Gms reset the Sleeper on 1 server out of all the live servers b/c their tears were strong suicide rates were about to sky rocket. Do not get involved with this server, Even with so much drama p99 is 100% better.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:50 AM
Aviak

can't remember if it was reallapse or getsome or whichever cleric awoken sleeper, but i would be upset too if i was tring to f the server and rage quit then have my efforts reset by a gm.

p.s. friendly server[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by kalderon; 10-08-2013 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: spelling and stuff