Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

i think it's fair to provide people with options, for those who use the argument "it's not classic" can take that argument.... yep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Banned

Can vouch for this! Works great!!!! : )
Old 02-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

I agree, I think people should be able to do this so long as we all agree to never use the Troll Luclin models.

<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Banned

The whole "they just pick and choose classic things so why not this" argument is really annoying. They literally can not change certain things because they simply don't have the means. It's not as if all of the code for the entire game is just in some EQCODE.TXT file and they can change literally anything they want. If that were the case, we would not have starry sky graphics and those weird gigantic boats. I also don't think they have the ability to make the client disallow custom UI's, so that's why they're "allowed". How would they ever detect them?

This whole thing is a ton of work for the devs, and they've provided *as close* to a classic experience as they have the means to. I personally don't like the idea of other people running around seeing luclin models for everything. Yes it's petty and selfish, but little things like that dilute the classic experience. In classic, I didn't have the concern that group member A and group member B are seeing completely different versions of my character.
Last edited by douglas1999; 02-27-2012 at 07:17 PM..
Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

honestly, you'll never know who's using it and who isn't, so it shouldn't bother you mr douglas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] see you have a preference to see your characters in classic, others, well they may decide they want to see luclin models.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't even know someone made a separate thread. Hah

Anyway let me start this by saying yes I take credit for discovering this. If you're going to display hate towards anyone for the discovery of Luclin models on P99 direct it towards me not Galaa. To make it easier for you to hate me i use a pony avatar (my name in game is Rainbowdash. have fun with it. I usually go by Miku but it was apparently taken) and i'm going on record as stating I actually liked Space Cats: The Expansion (aka Luclin) and don't feel EQ Live died until GoD although PoK ports were a large step in the wrong direction.

Now that I've branded myself a heretic fit only to be burned on the cross by this community for sharing a differing opinion I'll continue. While the argument of "They haven't turned it off because they haven't figured out how yet" is very much valid and I recognize it, i provide a counter-argument. The UI. Yes there is a Velious UI but is it required? Nope. Optional. And from what I've seen most people don't use it. Secondly take a look around you at how many "non-classic things" the devs have, apparently judging by the stickies, supported. Graphical enhancements, Luclin/Modern spell gems etc etc. Is this any different than a spell gem? In addition only a fool would disable the ability to make a choice unless that choice infringed upon others by making it visible to all or gave that character an unfair advantage over others who choose different choices. Last I checked using Luclin models doesn't make you able to solo Trakanon nor does it allow you to glitch through walls or walk past KoS mobs. And if you are actually mentally harmed by another person making a decision or even the thought of it (But THEY will see me as Luclin even though I won't WAAAAA) you seriously need to take a step back and look at how seriously you're taking this game.

Now if the devs decide to make a patch that prevents connecting with this GlobalLoad so be it. (Although you wanna talk about wasting time that could be devoted to developing....) All i'm saying is until that time, should it arise, the only one making any decisions are the people choosing to use these models and, from your end, you will never know.

-Danyelle: the heretic for liking Space Cats: The Expansion.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Sarnak

Like the luclin models, but sadly it seems to cause issues for me with duxa's ui [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like the luclin models, but sadly it seems to cause issues for me with duxa's ui [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm what are the issues? I'll see if i can find the cause and possibly some form of fix.

Also since this is apparently the new thread, moving an update post I made to here:

Quote:
Besides the wolf thing, which may or may not ever come to fruition, i'm also working on trying to see if I can get a method of having some elementals loaded and not others. Also testing texture maps between Classic and Luclin. Got it to the point I have put the entire Classic Dark Elf Female Leather texture onto the Luclin model properly minus the chest. With Classic the chest texture was simply that, the chest (and neck). With Luclin it's divided up into the chest, neck and collarbone. So breaking the old Chest texture down and aligning them properly is being a bitch. The hands and feet are also rather annoying. Velious armors are actually already at Luclin resolution the issues would be getting them on the model. Dropping them, remapped of course, into the Luclin files won't cut it. It won't recognize them. Sony on the other hand already started a function to load Velious armors on the Luclin models but they half assed it and quit (LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE in the eqclient.ini if anyone wants to look at it.). The pants are the only texture that loads properly everything else fucks up. Finishing what they started would take some time though. At some point I hope to get a hold of someone with actual artistic/Photoshop talent to completely rebuild the Classic textures in Luclin level resolution and I can remap them from there. We'll see how it goes. And last but not least I'm trying to work on an installer that would help streamline this fix a bit (let you select which races/genders to turn on, select or deselect elementals, patch the globalload to P99, remove or not remove unneeded clutter in the globalload etc) but haven't gotten around to it yet and most likely won't until I figure out where I'm going with the above projects. Would also need to find a good way of going about it anyway as a batch file wouldn't really give me the customization I wanted in the setup, though it would certainly be quick and easy.

I'll keep everyone updated but for now the plain Luclin model fix is still on this thread:
http://vp1999.forumotion.com/t10-luc...n-project-1999

Oh by the way a reminder as someone said before, if you use the Lite client from elsewhere on these forums you won't have the Luclin models in the folder anymore. If that's the case the above fix does NOTHING. It only changes what order models get loaded in to overwrite the Classic models with Luclin and bypass the expansion variable in the database. Without the files actually there nothing will happen. If you use the Lite client I recommend finding a full version of the Titanium, SoD, Underfoot or any other client and dragging and dropping the files listed in Globalload in that link.

-Danyelle/Rainbowdash
Also in response to something Grozmok said about the newer client enhanced graphics:

Quote:
I'm surprised no one has posted those up anywhere yet.
I thought about it but that's a LOT of files lol. Also now that I dug around think someone already did:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2482

The newer clients, by default, look like that so I'm thinking it's the same patch it's just with newer clients it comes standard
Old 02-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Kobold

Thanks Danyelle for your efforts in these.

I started EQ in 1999 but am quite fond of Luclin models, with their high res armors. I'm glad that there's now an option to use it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Xanthis
I'm using duxa ui as well, didn't encounter any issues at all.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Orc

This file replacement gets rid of buff timers for me. Any way to fix this?