Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bout to call it quits on this server. I wanted it to work i really did but I am out of stuff to do. I can't go to the dungeons and group for hours and this server seems to not be geared towards a casual player who wants to do outdoors. I am in NRO right now and there is maybe 2 spiders to be seen. A occasional scarab. Where are all the mobs? Ok so maybe i will try oasis. There are hardly any crocs and they are KOS. If i didn't work fulltime/married maybe this would be the server for me as I could go join a dungeon group for hours but that isn't the way i can play so I guess this isn't the server for me. Sucks because I was getting that nostalgic feeling back but come on. I did oasis for 4 hours last night in a full group on yellows and reds and because it is not a hotzone I made 40% xp at lvl 12.
And everyone in your group was the same level as you? There was no poopsock level gap? You were chain pulling mobs too im sure, since you've left all the assumed details to give credit to your woe. You just said you couldnt find mobs in the zone.. so you decided to get a full group going in THE SAME ZONE and got disappointed with xp? My bard is 12, can 100% say all my xp encounters have varied 100% from this. Lightstone turn ins yield a decent amount of plat; i spent an hour and a half running around WC/EC killing the occasional willowisp, and got 1y4b into my level?

You could have ran 2 zones over to Guk and gotten levels, Guk xp is just fine and most people our level are there grouping/soloing. There is a shortage of mobs in outdoor zones i agree, but most people just chose to go to indoor zones instead of quit; thats 2 different ways to look at 1 half full glass.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Define a "fine" population, given the fact that a quarter to half of that number are boxed accounts on The Sleeper
Old 04-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And everyone in your group was the same level as you? There was no poopsock level gap? You were chain pulling mobs too im sure, since you've left all the assumed details to give credit to your woe. You just said you couldnt find mobs in the zone.. so you decided to get a full group going in THE SAME ZONE and got disappointed with xp? My bard is 12, can 100% say all my xp encounters have varied 100% from this. Lightstone turn ins yield a decent amount of plat; i spent an hour and a half running around WC/EC killing the occasional willowisp, and got 1y4b into my level?

You could have ran 2 zones over to Guk and gotten levels, Guk xp is just fine and most people our level are there grouping/soloing. There is a shortage of mobs in outdoor zones i agree, but most people just chose to go to indoor zones instead of quit; thats 2 different ways to look at 1 half full glass.
I attempted to do oasis after the full group. We were all lvl 12 - 14. I suppose i will try to do Uguk later tonight but as you could see in my post, i don't typically have a ton of time to do a indoor dungeon and I don't have the combo that is able to handle rooms full of mobs. I have a duo that is perfect for outdoor zones. these are hardly available so it seems like this isn't going to work out. thanks though for your glass half full comment. It does make sense but I am just 1 one person that is going to be leaving. I will come back in a few months but at the present time it isn't what i had hoped it would be.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bout to call it quits on this server. I wanted it to work i really did but I am out of stuff to do. I can't go to the dungeons and group for hours and this server seems to not be geared towards a casual player who wants to do outdoors. I am in NRO right now and there is maybe 2 spiders to be seen. A occasional scarab. Where are all the mobs? Ok so maybe i will try oasis. There are hardly any crocs and they are KOS. If i didn't work fulltime/married maybe this would be the server for me as I could go join a dungeon group for hours but that isn't the way i can play so I guess this isn't the server for me. Sucks because I was getting that nostalgic feeling back but come on. I did oasis for 4 hours last night in a full group on yellows and reds and because it is not a hotzone I made 40% xp at lvl 12.
This is truth. Mob spawns do seem to be way out of whack, even in certain starting areas like paineel. There are 10 mobs that spawn in paineel. 5 of which are level 1 and on about 10 minute timer, forget leveling there as a noob, best go out to Toxx. Other zones have certain mobs out of control. I saw 4 griffins in EC the other night, 4 separate griffins up at the same time. two roaming the desert area and near inns, and one almost center zone, and one the patrolled that line from WC past Orc 1 and back. The only safe spot we could fight was Orc 2 - everywhere else it was Griffin aggro - run to guards or die trying.

It's not one major thing, it is 100 hundred little things. I'm still there only because I want to be a part of the solution and helping to get these things corrected. Let's stop putting our heads in the sand and denying them though OK Maybach?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Officially retired from Sleeper...for all the reasons highlighted in this thread.

Thought about putting up a retirement thread over there but it would just get moved for trolling.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Aviak

This epicemu fiasco is by far the worst emu server I have ever played on. Even VZTZ was vastly superior in terms of bugs and content correctness, and that should be the last thing that place was known for. The Sleeper is a joke, needs another two years of "development."
Old 04-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Those raid policies are nothing more than some words Kegz wrote one time. It's not a system that exists or that they've even really put any more thought into than announcing it back when they came up with the idea for the server. I asked them late in the beta what their plans were so far and they said they hadn't come up with anything at all, there's nothing coded for raid tokens and no actual plan in the works. They just have it written on the front page as a false feature.

Considering how unspeakably bad The Sleeper is, I wouldn't have much faith in their ability to even create such a system. Honesty is already not something they're known for, given how they routinely lied to their beta testers and to people waiting for the server to open. I expect this raid token thing is just something Kegz made up at one point to appeal to everyone who had been burned by P99's inaccessible raid scene. Judging by the fact that they couldn't get even the most basic game mechanics and zone reproduction right in two years of development, I doubt they'll ever even try to implement that custom raidmob spawning system.

Take it from me: it was just some shit they made up to catch the attention of people who hate the way raiding works on P99.
Last edited by Noselacri; 04-20-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed on the topic of "raid tokens". If it happened here, TMO would form a second guild with bought accounts, might even jokingly call it < The B Team > or < The Orderly Mystics > and they'd get around it.

Nothing to say that wouldn't happen over there either. People are smart, and cunning, and no automated raid system is unbeatable. Kegz will either have to enforce that himself via the forums or whatever.

Noselacri summed it up best in the first sentence.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

We'd form 20 guilds.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread