Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Aviak

Default Your very first player kill.

I consider my rogue as my main toon on live, but before I started him, when EQ first launched, I was a Wood Elf Drood. My buddy who talked me into playing EQ with him was playing on Rallos Zek, so, not really knowing what pvp was or what I was getting into, I joined him.

Needless to say, I hated pvp lol. I had no idea what I was doing, and I was really getting tired of bagging up all my gear all the time.

Well, one day, I was hanging out in High Hold Pass, and there was a group camping the orcs by the Kithicor zone line. They had an Ogre Warrior tanking for them. I sat back, watching, not a single evil thought running through my head, when I noticed the Ogre was very low on health, and they were still fighting, all with their backs to me.

I thought, what the hell, its been done it me countless times, so, I sneak up, and BOOM! Nuked the ogre, taking the rest of his life in one shot. I run up, loot him for some plat, and I grabbed the first piece of gear I could click on, and then hauled ass.

My heart was pounding. I had never killed another player before. I went and hid in the smugglers hide out with Stanos. I look in my bag to see what I got, I cant remember the name but I had grabbed a pretty nice pair of gloves. The ogre was yelling at this point, "I dont care about the money, but Please, let me have my gloves back", my response "Muahahahahaha! Never!" Then I logged off. I dont think I played that toon very much after that. '

So, how about you? When was your first player kill?

Its all fun and games until somebody loses an eye, then its just a game, FIND THE EYE!
Last edited by Kwitchercryn; 03-21-2012 at 05:29 PM..
Old 03-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

I was probably 12 or 13 years old and played an erudite wizard on Rallos Zek... I don't remember my first kill but I know which ones I remember the most:

1. Barb warrior was lfg in south karana and I decided to join him and kill aviaks. I still remember his name I think... Ramirrez or something. I waited until he was low on health then blasted him and looted his SSB. He had more valuable stuff but i didn't know any better.

2. Sat invis at the spires in Gfay waiting for people to port in. I cast levitate and walked really far up the spires, and a halfling rogue appeared and sat there. I attacked him, and he was either LD or afk, so I managed to kill him. Looted his silver chitin handwraps.

I almost never won a fair fight, and in retrospect playing on Rallos Zek was a horrible experience compared to later when I played on a blue server.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Large Rat

First kill was a twinked, higher level Ogre Shaman that was hanging out in Misty Thicket, across the wall, on Vallon Zek. We couldn't go out there to get any camps or grind b/c he would waddle up & pop us. So, the highest level Halflings (about 6 of us) grouped up & went out there looking. The first time we engaged, he felt the heat after a minute & made a beeline for RE. The second time, we caught him quite close to the far left goblin camp, managed to snare him, then proceeded to all beat on him. We even called out to the people who were near by, & they came, albeit a little late, to get their licks in. We killed him finally, & he must have camped at that point.

A little while later, we get a few even higher level characters there harassing us. I came to find out it was the twinked Ogre on his higher level toon w/ some guildies. But by that time, the guild Pints of Vallon had swooped in & recruited the hungry Halflings in the thicket. So, we called in the cavalry, & soon, an angry, tiny horde materialized at the Ring, then proceeded to camp & chase them all the way into the Karanas.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

This post is mis-placed. There is a PVP forum for discussing variations of this ilk, on the best MMO ever created.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

1 - On Talon Zek as a young halfling druid, i recall a fellow halfing shouting about getting a war party together and going to raid Freeport. 4 or 5 of us assembled, all rogues and druids, and set off lead by our intrepid expedition founder. 2 of our group had dropped off on the long and not exactly efficient trek to Freeport, but we eventually made it and laid our eyes on the humans and their city walls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We proceeded to jump every human around withing level range until they banded together, butchered one of us and dispersed the rest of us. Good times

2 - Talon Zek, another early character (Gnome Necromancer). I joined up with a gnome mage and we decided to go try our hand at pking some elves. As we snuck through Greater Faydark i can recall my heart pounding at the propsect of killing other players. We made our way to the orc hill eventually and hid a bit behind it, looking for stragglers alone and injured. When we found one, we'd fall upon him like the devious gnomish bastards we were. Haha also good times
Old 03-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Fire Giant

First kill was on VZ, a high-elf who just stood there and took it

I felt bad after

So i joined EAG and decided to protect elves lol
Old 03-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First kill was on VZ, a high-elf who just stood there and took it

I felt bad after

So i joined EAG and decided to protect elves lol
and you need to come back to P99.

oh sorry off topic, my first PVP kill was a rogue (:
Old 03-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

I was playing on Mortalquest (secrets' pvp server) as a Bard, and I found Andain somewhere in tox, who was only level 5. I chain mezzed him over and over again until he deleted all of his loot and /q'd out of the game, after which I killed him. I wouldn't do it again though since I'm anti-pk now, but yeah, that was my first kill.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and you need to come back to P99.

oh sorry off topic, my first PVP kill was a rogue (:
I had my time on P99 sowwy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just like we did on SoA lol

back on topic:
I will be in vegas in a few weeks PKin some white russians!