Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Aviak

Default Greetings from Afghanistan.

Greetings fellow Norrath adventurers! So, just heard about this site and the wonderful service that is being provided. I wish more than just about anything I could get my hands on a titanium client. I have not played EQ since roughly 2006. I started playing back in 1999 and I absolutely love the fact that ppl are able to play EQ how it was MEANT to be played with your server. Pre Luclin Everquest was the best time I have had on an MMO. I enjoyed it after, but not nearly as much as I did with just Classic, Kunark and Velious. I was sitting in my tent the other day, thinking back on all the awesome times I had, and I think I will always be that 16 year old kid who first picked up EQ, not knowing what to expect, running around in Greater Fay with no idea of what I was doing or where I was going and thinking I was hot shit when I looted my first pair of small cloth wristbands from a dead Orc centurion that I didnt even kill cause I was too low lvl outside Crushbone. I loved farming crushbone belts, filling up all my bag space, only to run my ass all the way to Kaladim to turn them in for XP and random pieces of leather, or taking a 40 minute boat ride from Faydwer to Antonica only to fall off the boat due to a zoning glitch and spending over 2 hours swimming back because I had never leveled my swimming >.<! lol Sorry, But its almost impossible for me to find somebody to talk to about all this that actually KNOWS what im talking about. Those were the good ol days and I would love to relive them again. I hope this site is still going strong when I finally make it back home. I would love the chance to join the ranks of players who appreciate classic EQ like I do. I wish you all the best and Good Hunting!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Aviak

lol Sorry, But its almost impossible for me to find somebody to talk to about all this that actually KNOWS what im talking about. Those were the good ol days and I would love to relive them again. I hope this site is still going strong when I finally make it back home. I would love the chance to join the ranks of players who appreciate classic EQ like I do. I wish you all the best and Good Hunting!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

watch out for PIRATEs in the BAY in afghanistan . i heared they nowadays steal all BITs of Cars TO RRENT them . crazy folks ... steling to rent ...

but the story you wrote is exsactly the same why i searched for p99 2 years ago. have fun here. never to late to join eq again.
Last edited by Yinaltin; 03-18-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Old 03-18-2012, 03:19 PM
VIP / Contributor

Kwitch, welcome to p99! you'll find theres a lot of people here just like you (maybe not in a tent in afghanistan) that want to relive the glory days, or simply experience things they missed out on.

im sure you'll see we have plenty of helpful people willing to help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Aviak

Thanks Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I really hope I am able to get my hands on a client some time in the near future. I would absolutely LOVE to run through pre Luclin Norrath again and revisit all my old favorite spots, BB chess board, Unrest, Crushbone, just to name a few. Classic EQ is an amazing game and experience that I have missed for too long now.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

haha i just see it. its really exactly 2 years now i am in here. funny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

again. if you search for a client, maybe you can read my first post again. and then again. it is very hard and expensive to get your hands on a client nowadays but maybe, if you read my first posting again, youll get a clue where to get it cheap.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Aviak

lol just got what you were trying to say Yinaltin, at first I was thinking, wtf is this guy talking about...Afghanistan is landlocked lol.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

dont know. is it the titanium client you can download from everquest.com and if not, is this client you get there able to be playable with p99? if it is the same (titanium) i think it would be legal then. hey board lawyers any info?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Banned

Greetings from the Free World.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kX70HiOl0V4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Closed Thread