Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did all you Enchanter defenders stop caring about classic EverQuest? NO ONE remembers Enchanters being like this in classic EverQuest!
Old 03-20-2021, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Thread: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/
Old 03-20-2021, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

"No one" remembers bards killing dozens of mobs either, or shaman soloing all sorts of the shit they can on p99.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, especially given 90% of the players back then were comprehensively awful.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

I had EQ at my moms house (shit tier computer) and my dads house (reasonably fast and able to handle EQ, at least in classic). I remember channeling through WAY more stuff on my dads faster PC that was probably doing low 20s FPS instead of high single-digit FPS.

Don’t discount how much your PC affected your EQ experience. Fall damage, bashing, tanking hits and sliding etc... this was all WAY worse when you had a bad PC. Even going from 100 FPS to 60 FPS a few patches ago made it seem way worse trying to channel through mobs beating on you.

Also (I’m not going to read through everything again and quote), didn’t you quote someone from the Angelfire page saying they charmed blues AND yellows for 5 minutes? I mean, isn’t that evidence that charm did last and also that we were much dumber then? How much longer than 5 minutes are peoples charms lasting? Group charming with malo maybe 12-15?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-20-2021, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"No one" remembers bards killing dozens of mobs either
Swarm kiting was definitely a thing on live. Maybe not with as many mobs as people do here, but it was certainly a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or shaman soloing all sorts of the shit they can on p99.
Again, not true. I played a Shaman back then, and our forum (The Shaman's Crucible) had tons of talk about soloing tough high level mobs (eg. this was slightly after the classic period, but even 20+ years later I can still vividly remember the first time someone posted about soloing Lodi on that forum).

Quote:
Never, and considering I was the second level 50 enchanter on fennin ro
And you solo charmed your way to being the second 50? You didn't instead ... you know ... group, like every other Enchanter did (at least primarily) back then?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-20-2021 at 02:21 PM..
Old 03-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

I think charm was only reliable between 1-2 minutes on live in Kunark.

I mean, sure it could last but just was progressively more terrifying. After 2 mins.

I distinctly remember rooting and kill chanters pet end of every single pull. 2-3 mobs max and we were hozed if we got two or 3 casters or healers.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don’t discount how much your PC affected your EQ experience. Fall damage, bashing, tanking hits and sliding etc...
Indeed. Dagnor's Cauldron was notorious for people falling to their death because a just a little bump in lag as they enter the water and they would fall through the water and smash on the lake bed.

Getting a cable modem and ditching AOHell was like night and day for me back then. GCD clearing clickies was also only latently adopted on a large scale in classic, which has a massive impact on enchanter performance.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did all you Enchanter defenders stop caring about classic EverQuest? NO ONE remembers Enchanters being like this in classic EverQuest!
Enchanter appeals to people who are into accruing power through deceit, distortion and manipulation.
Last edited by Jimjam; 03-20-2021 at 02:26 PM..
Old 03-20-2021, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Swarm kiting was definitely a thing on live. Maybe not with as many mobs as people do here, but it was certainly a thing.

Again, not true. I played a Shaman back then, and our forum (The Shaman's Crucible) had tons of talk about soloing tough high level mobs (eg. this was slightly after the classic period, but even 20+ years later I can still vividly remember the first time someone posted about soloing Lodi on that forum).
I sometimes wonder if you are just dumb or intentionally obtuse, Loramin. The quotes around "no one" was not some kind of typo.

Quote:
And you solo charmed your way to being the second 50? You didn't instead ... you know ... group, like every other Enchanter did (at least primarily) back then?
No. I did very little soloing to 50 in vanilla on my enc, but I did a good bit post kunark and a lot of douing as well. I did plenty of soloing on my necro in the same time frame -- who also had charm. So, ya, I got plenty of experience with it back then.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter appeals to people who are into accruing power through deceit, distortion and manipulation.
What's the other way, winning the lottery? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread