Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Have you read all of the Bible?
Yes all of it 4 14.81%
Some of it 9 33.33%
None of it 2 7.41%
Hail Satan 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2022, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
But for those who like to live in the real world, Christianity was a cult, the same as literally hundreds of other cults at the time. Some of them were extermely similar (eg. some Osiris cults also had a resurrection of their god, just like Jesus!).
To be fair if you define something as broad as Christianity as a cult, then you are absolutely in one.

Quote:
Even so, I think an "atheist church" would be a great way to get back some of the legitimate benefits that get lost when you abandon religion, and I hope someone starts one.
you're already in that cult, it's called this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

By your own definition of a cult, this is identical.

Hope this helps!

(I realize it wont.)
Old 05-17-2022, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, you can believe your holy book (whatever holy book is special to you) is magical and special, and I can't stop you from believing it. You can be the same as all those other groups, that all believe their holy book is the special one, and y'all can fight all day over who's book is holiest. Have fun.

But for those who like to live in the real world, Christianity was a cult, the same as literally hundreds of other cults at the time. Some of them were extermely similar (eg. some Osiris cults also had a resurrection of their god, just like Jesus!).

Ultimately, one cult had to win out, and it happened to be Christianity; saying as much isn't "bullying", it's stating facts.
I do not give any weight to any holy books whatsoever

I do not believe the modern so-called "christian" has much to do with the historical "christian" called upon in any of those holy books
Old 05-17-2022, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

A bunch of fat jerks get together on Sunday and try to remind themselves to be good and everyone loses their minds.

The problem millennials have with these people is that their culture is American not that they are Christian.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd think fanatically correct would be less annoying than fanatically superstitious. You'd also think no one would be stupid enough to get conned into voting for Donald Trump.

I don't know if I agree with who is worse, but the problem with atheists is that they don't recognize the role religion plays in culture and community. That weekly gathering of people with the one thing that they have in common is both powerful and beneficial to an enlightened community.
and that's what I mean. "Fanatically correct" my ass. It is false and it is misguiding and it is leading to our immoral failure and weakening our society. Hedonism has taken the place of religion in the minds of the young and it has weakened us. You can already see it. We are divided and always at odds with each other and that is a recipe for disaster. Our society will crumble. It won't happen immediately or in our lifetimes but the seed has been sown.

We have strayed from God, we have strayed from morality, we have divided ourselves, and hard times are already coming. Can you imagine if the millennial and zoomer generations had to fight WW2? Omfg.

I'm in a mood today lol. Damned bosses and their boss stuff.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 05-17-2022 at 10:12 AM..
Old 05-17-2022, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, you can believe your holy book (whatever holy book is special to you) is magical and special, and I can't stop you from believing it. You can be the same as all those other groups, that all believe their holy book is the special one, and y'all can fight all day over who's book is holiest. Have fun.

Ultimately, one cult had to win out, and it happened to be Christianity; saying as much isn't "bullying", it's stating facts.
Whether you believe in Christianity or not is irrelevant. Your take on history is simply wrong. Luck was not the primary reason why the Bible survived though time. You're just saying that to try and back up your argument that the Bible is poor literature. You can personally believe that, but poor literature doesn't survive 2000+ years. Also, the Bible was based on Judaism, which is even older. Was that just luck too that it survived?
Old 05-17-2022, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and that's what I mean. "Fanatically correct" my ass. It is false and it is misguiding and it is leading to our immoral failure and weakening our society. Hedonism has taken the place of religion in the minds of the young and it has weakened us. You can already see it. We are divided and always at odds with each other and that is a recipe for disaster. Our society will crumble. It won't happen immediately or in our lifetimes but the seed has been sown.

We have strayed from God, we have strayed from morality, we have divided ourselves, and hard times are already coming. Can you imagine if the millennial and zoomer generations had to fight WW2? Omfg.

I'm in a mood today lol. Damned bosses and their boss stuff.
100% agree with this. And I'm one of the "quote" weak men "/unquote". If you are grasping for labels because you are defective.

Let that sink in folks.

And if you are wont or inclined to call me strong... because despite being a weak man I have learned and grown past that weakness, you got another thing coming to you.

Because, if you think or feel I'm strong. You are a fucking fool.
Last edited by starkind; 05-17-2022 at 10:30 AM..
Old 05-17-2022, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

The shit we're in right now is a logistics crisis, not the dagor dagorath. Settle down Beavis.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:49 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The shit we're in right now is a logistics crisis, not the dagor dagorath. Settle down Beavis.
this is a shit tier meme it sums up how i feel tho

as someone who has had to do for myself (and others) MOST Of my life and now that I am disabled and rely on others

FUCK THIS SHIT LAWL

-------

We are in a logistics crisis because of a blind faith in a police state, military, health, financial, and greedolistic industrial complex where no man is free to govern nor defend themselves from the predation of others unless they live on the fringe of society or above it as a taskmaster.

And we glorify that. And the death machine that runnnsss

-----------------

Collapse go Brrrrrr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

----

having been the guy wearing the gas mask

Old 05-17-2022, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is a shit tier meme it sums up how i feel tho

as someone who has had to do for myself (and others) MOST Of my life and now that I am disabled and rely on others

FUCK THIS SHIT LAWL

-------

We are in a logistics crisis because of a blind faith in a police state, military, health, financial, and greedolistic industrial complex where no man is free to govern nor defend themselves from the predation of others unless they live on the fringe of society or above it as a taskmaster.

And we glorify that. And the death machine that runnnsss

-----------------

Collapse go Brrrrrr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

----

having been the guy wearing the gas mask

I wonder where doomerism lands on the DSM-V 🤔
Old 05-17-2022, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder where doomerism lands on the DSM-V 🤔
Do you actually think things will get better?