Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Have you read all of the Bible?
Yes all of it 4 14.81%
Some of it 9 33.33%
None of it 2 7.41%
Hail Satan 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2022, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When someone shows up in the middle of a conversation and doesn't understand what's going on, because they couldn't be arsed to read/listen to the conversation that preceded it ... it's not their fault, it's the people having the conversation?
I am not sure why it is so hard for you to elaborate on what you said. Again, it is your responsibility to create a comment that clearly describes what you mean. Making generic comments and assuming people will understand what you meant is also wrong, and silly.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can be good(or bad) without it, but can't be moral. That's all.
Again, I call bullshit. You have zero evidence to support that crazy idea.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The arrival of the bible (which, BTW, came hundreds of years after Christ died ...
That's something of an over-simplification; it appeared as a single cohesive volume relatively late but nearly all of its individual pieces existed earlier. Much of the old testament is rather ancient. The gospels all originate from relatively shortly after Christ's own life. The many writings and letters attributed to Paul originate from not long after that. One of the larger questions of the early Christian movement is just how much Paul and his sect influenced and altered it for his own political ends.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure why it is so hard for you to elaborate on what you said. Again, it is your responsibility to create a comment that clearly describes what you mean. Making generic comments and assuming people will understand what you meant is also wrong, and silly.
Yeah, it's madness to try and have a conversation with people in a thread. Every post in that thread should contain all information discussed as of that point in it, just so no one gets confused when they skip previous posts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's something of an over-simplification; it appeared as a single cohesive volume relatively late but nearly all of its individual pieces existed earlier. Much of the old testament is rather ancient. The gospels all originate from relatively shortly after Christ's own life. The many writings and letters attributed to Paul originate from not long after that. One of the larger questions of the early Christian movement is just how much Paul and his sect influenced and altered it for his own political ends.
Sure, but all of that still amounted to (basically) a hundreds-of-years-long game of telephone.

P.S. Also you're leaving out that there were tons of parts of the bible that never made it in.

It's not like the bible existed as the bible prior, just sort of split up. There were tons of gospels that you may never have heard of (eg. the gospels of Mary or Judas) that were just as "official" as the ones we now think of as the bible (until, hundreds of years later, a bunch of people decided which ones to keep).

And, again ... this is how all the primitive cults worked! It's not like there was just one version of Hercules or Thor or whoever, there was a ton of different stories, some of which contradicted others. And this is true of all primitive religions, because they didn't have unifying technologies (like the Internet or even postal service) to make them agree. The cult of Christianity was the same as the rest.

Last edited by loramin; 05-17-2022 at 05:33 PM..
Old 05-17-2022, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Again, I call bullshit. You have zero evidence to support that crazy idea.
It's about systems dude. Without the backing of an infallible superbeing it's just like, your opinion, man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2022, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah, it's madness to try and have a conversation with people in a thread. Every post in that thread should contain all information discussed as of that point in it, just so no one gets confused when they skip previous posts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of excuses, yet no elaboration. Please quote the context you are referring to in this thread. I have read the thread, and there is nothing there that elaborates on what you said.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's about systems dude. Without the backing of an infallible superbeing it's just like, your opinion, man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without evidence your claim is just you claiming something to be true. I can yell at the top of my lungs about how the sky is orange, not blue ... but that doesn't make it so, and you shouldn't believe me, unless I can show you a picture or video or something of the sky being orange.

Old 05-17-2022, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of excuses, yet no elaboration. Please quote the context you are referring to in this thread. I have read the thread, and there is nothing there that elaborates on what you said.
It was literally three posts before mine, and the other two prior clearly were talking about something else. Learn to read [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slavery was widespread in the entire world, not just America. It still exists in Africa and other areas today.

You just don't hear about it.

Slavery has been around probably as long as humanity has been around, on every continent. It was not considered evil or immoral or just plain wrong until the renaissance, and that new viewpoint was largely ignored because it was an accepted practice around the world.

Not good to judge history through a 21st century lens.

Old 05-17-2022, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Without evidence your claim is just you claiming something to be true. I can yell at the top of my lungs about how the sky is orange, not blue ... but that doesn't make it so, and you shouldn't believe me, unless I can show you a picture or video or something of the sky being orange.
That's what you're doing now. Stop hollering that morality is the same as your opinion on good and bad.

It's not.