Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Forgot to mention in original post that I am also considering a shaman. Out of the four: monk/sk/necro/shammy... which is the overall best for mix of solo/duo/limited group play?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Aviak

i personally like shamans...great buffs/debuffs/slows/hastes etc etc. great in group and awesome in a duo.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think my friend is making a shammy so I will be duoing with one.... if that is the case, do I go monk, de sk, necro, or enchanter?

Also, is EXP better starting near freeport or quenos?
Old 06-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Skeleton

I would go with SK and I prefer Qeynos because Blackburrow is nearby and is a fun place to level, to me personally.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned

For long-term you should probably go monk, but short-term i'd say SK. Necro's and chanter's also make fantastic duo partners with shamans, but Monk still offers the most diversity and utility.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Aviak

Erudite Evil classes are not KoS in Qeynos minus a Erudite roamer that is connected to ErudinHighCouncil. Just in case that was the only thing detouring you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Banned

Qeynos is the better place to level until 8-10 or so because of gnoll fangs and diseased pelts. You'll be earning more exp off quests than mobs. Not to mention 2 rabid wolves spawn near each other, and always drop a pelt worth really good exp and 2 plat each. You can go between the wolves (west QHills) and the gnolls outside BB (east) farming lots of quest drops, and add in the rabid grizzly once you add some levels.

Level 9 would probably be a good time to make the run to Freeport, since the shaman will have sow, unless you want to continue in Blackburrow.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks to all for the tips. Why is monk better long term? Also, can monk solo well? If not, I may go necro or enchanter to team with the shammy. Would one be better than the other? On the forums it looks like chanters w/ high cha can solo well with charm, would that better better solo than a necro?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Sarnak

Monks can play dead and self heal a bit. Also, you don't have to deal with the hybrid penality.

You don't want to try level 45 when you are in the hole that much as an SK. I still have nightmares about it as a ranger. Three days, eight hours at a time, in the king room of solb. I did not play EQ for three months after that.
Closed Thread