Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 04-29-2022, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
One customization would be scrutinizing what items are droppable and what items are no drop to keep it "balanced" in that way. Seeking no-drop gear was a fun part of rallos zek.
I agree, it was a fun stat to min max, however it gives advantage to the top tear raiding guild in pvp. At least if its all droppable then you can get that raid gear, with only being a gank squad. So the rebel's have a better chance at taking down the king.

FV has a very good spread of what should be no drop v droppable too, like some quest items and like rallos equpable items (and epics) are not tradable. So I think just using that as a guide is good.

I also think FV rulest is very fun, and everyone should experience it at least once! So it'd be fun to do on P99. Ive never done it on PVP and I think that'd be wild!
Old 04-29-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

I forgot about the changes to dropability on fv - i mainly remembered the languages. Would make a good modifier to the rz rule set.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-29-2022, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

I am not a fan of training at all, but what I really don't like is the idea that GM's have to be involved whenever high level pvp happens because of significant lawyerquesting. Thats why raid zones and the rotating PVP hot zone with rare drops are no holds barred deathpits.

I also don't think there can be any loot and scoot policy except by simple player good sportsmanship. I think it is important that the workload on the staff is minimized and to remove the key strategy element of complaining to staff members whenever anything bad happens at level 60. Basically any target that requires a group + to kill at level 60 is going to be raid rules enabled meaning the only offenses are 3rd party software and 2 boxing and I guess known game mechanics exploits. Corpse, bind, and teleport location camping will be essential raid activities when an enemy team of ill repute is looking to thwart attempts.

You can use rangers like linebackers scouring nearby zones to kill naked enemies which they would be perfect at in most cases, defending the raid. Basically you get your awesome PVP marauder team to keep the zone safe. This is assuming we get another Holocaust / Nihilum pure hatred situation going which would be kinda lame. It would be better if there were multiple amicable anti PK style guilds at the top this time around rather than basically everyone is a bad guy no community style. The item loot dynamic I think would enforce more player relationships because people that wanna be thieves will attack you at low HP and steal stuff and just be permabanned from all good guy guilds forever.

Dispells on targets, pick pocketing anything, all real game mechanics are enabled everywhere at all times. Custom mechanic for text message about pick pocket attempts (each attempt triggers a roll whether or not to announce the attempt to PC's, like a critical failure)

At max pick pocket there should still be a 20% or 10% chance of announce pick pocket attempt.

Any other stupid shit people get in trouble for that needs to be addressed?

edit- another customization is that item loot transactions are announced publicly zone wide and also directly announced to the player that is being looted. This is to make player enforced accountability more transparent so there isn't trump era "I didn't loot a thing, the victim is to blame here" claims. Regular item trades are announced publically in /say so players need to be nearby to see what happened, just like real life.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 04-29-2022 at 06:04 PM..
Old 04-29-2022, 06:46 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC8xA-bOXOo&t=1m16s
Old 04-29-2022, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
beautiful clip wish rogean was posting it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Great movie. So close to be one of the greatest. But still a great movie.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Nice thread to armchair about a server that will never happen.

OP feels personally attacked when i say you will never get a new server. HAH
Old 04-30-2022, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmas_ham69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice thread to armchair about a server that will never happen.

OP feels personally attacked when i say you will never get a new server. HAH
Thank you for staying on topic and saying the same shit over and over, tassaham
Old 05-01-2022, 11:16 PM
Banned

Imagine this guy working his ass off for months to raise the primetime pop from 50 to 90 only for rogean to announce out of the blue his server is dead lol. Thats what i mean by right now the radio silence is disrespectful not to toxic players but to players like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartcron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, we have a discord group text that I appropriately labeled PLG: Power Level Group
I am just trying to properly coordinate on days that I can help players level and days those players are actually available.
When I reached out on facebook, I actually got quite a few respondents, and our group is up to 6 members. Most player said they are from US EST, and I actually have another player from france so, it has been a challenging endeavor I took upon myself to coordinate all of this.

Today is another day which I am kind of bored and I wish I had something planned in game for later tonight about 7PM PST? but I can always work on solo projects as well.

It's fun helping new players though and getting involved with the community. I always hoped that by hyping the project 1999 red community that I could host a PVP tournament sometime this summer, but someday.

I have plans too to get out in the sunshine, and I'm having fun and content with what I am doing right now.