Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Have you read all of the Bible?
Yes all of it 4 14.81%
Some of it 9 33.33%
None of it 2 7.41%
Hail Satan 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2022, 01:33 PM
Banned

a perfect encapsulation of everything wrong with modern america doesn't ex-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1648309659877.jpg (16.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-12-2022, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do feel that human’s brains were built to worship something.
haha no of course not! There's plenty of secularists in this church...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I bet it comes from silver back ape behavior.... like the alpha pack wolf mammal behavior. Like if you gave those animals imagination, education, or whatever it is that makes us different, then they'd all be hardwired to worship an alpha god too.

It could be just basic animal behavior we're exhibiting, on a scale of an animal that can build rockets and go into space.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-12-2022 at 02:15 PM..
Old 05-12-2022, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do feel that human’s brains were built to worship something. This is just my personal hunch and not based on any psychology

I’ve noticed that people who claim to be hardcore atheists still sometimes find their own version of something to replace theology
People organize themselves in hierarchical manners. The orthodoxy is an out growth of that. To fit yourself within a hierarchy you have to plead fealty to something.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 05-12-2022, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that the sequel to the Bhagavad Gita?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I hadn't had my coffee yet, and it's a hard name to remember

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Objectively speaking any book/story that has survived 2000+ years is a good book/story, even if it is difficult to understand why that is. Otherwise you wouldn't know the story of Jesus, Gligamesh, etc. People would have stopped caring and forgotten about them hundreds of years ago.
That is simply not true. We read the epic of Gilgamesh because it's the earliest known form of literature. It has nothing to do with the quality of the text, and everything to do with that text being preserved while other texts weren't.

In short, if The Epic of Bob had survived from before Gilgamesh, we'd be discussing it instead in literature classes. And it's the same thing with the bible: it's only survived for so long because it's a religious text of the cultural group that happened to win out ... not because it's good literature.

There are countless other texts that are odes to Osiris, or Dionysus, or whatever other god, all from the same time as the bible ... that no one reads today, even though they're just as good from a literary perspective.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-12-2022 at 03:21 PM..
Old 05-12-2022, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

It offends me that the children of the world today are comparing the "literary perspective" of a spoken story passed down from 8 thousand years ago. before there was such thing as literiture, or stories and another 6 thousand years before anyone but the 1% of people could write

What a bunch of dipshits this world has become.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-12-2022 at 03:55 PM..
Old 05-12-2022, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is simply not true. We read the epic of Gilgamesh because it's the earliest known form of literature. It has nothing to do with the quality of the text, and everything to do with that text being preserved while other texts weren't.

In short, if The Epic of Bob had survived from before Gilgamesh, we'd be discussing it instead in literature classes. And it's the same thing with the bible: it's only survived for so long because it's a religious text of the cultural group that happened to win out ... not because it's good literature.

There are countless other texts that are odes to Osiris, or Dionysus, or whatever other god, all from the same time as the bible ... that no one reads today, even though they're just as good from a literary perspective.
It's factually true, even if you don't like it. The text survived for a reason. If people didn't like it, they wouldn't have preserved it.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

pretty much every literary piece today is inspired from the epic of Gilgamesh, if they are not, they are inspired by one of the 5 mojor stories that were inspired by the epic of gilgamesh.

Its like saying the matrix movie is better than a book, because they used cameras.

Or like everquest is better than lord of the rings because it has interactivity.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that the sequel to the Bhagavad Gita?
I lol’d at this dunk
Old 05-12-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a perfect encapsulation of everything wrong with modern america doesn't ex-
Jib - ya confirmed dipshits

Robayon ima need to buy one of those about red 2.0 so I can retire from
the message boards
Lost but not forgotten.