Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-14-2022, 12:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobot02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do workout and I am in decent shape, I can lift heavy things, write, masturbate, do anything with my hand except use a mouse. On another note it looks like joytokey is blocked as well, I can set up wasd movement on the controller but i cant click anything
Joy2key doesn’t work well with the PS4 touchpad, if that’s what you’re using. I run DS4Windows at the same time to use the mouse with the touchpad, but it’s still unreliable. I use the sticks to move and look around, and I set a dpad button to sit, move the mouse to an exact point on the screen and click meditate in one press
Old 05-14-2022, 09:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Joy2key doesn’t work well with the PS4 touchpad, if that’s what you’re using. I run DS4Windows at the same time to use the mouse with the touchpad, but it’s still unreliable. I use the sticks to move and look around, and I set a dpad button to sit, move the mouse to an exact point on the screen and click meditate in one press
I'm using a Logitech f310. It works on the desktop and other apps but in game it won't right or left click
Old 05-14-2022, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobot02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm using a Logitech f310. It works on the desktop and other apps but in game it won't right or left click
By any chance is your p99 install in program files? If you're running p99 as admin, and not the logitech profiler software - it won't work in programs launched from admin mode.

-Mcoy
Old 05-14-2022, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

In all seriousness, I do have a couple suggestions.

1. Use a programmable keyboard/mouse to automate the most repetitive key pushing.
2. Play a class that is largely not "twitch" play --- prob means playing either rogue or cleric or druid or wizard. You don't have to pull, you don't have to switch targets often. If you need a break for a min or 2 the group probably won't notice, much less care.

Depending on the nature of your injury you might try some ergonomic keyboards and mice, but sounds like you've done that already. The gamepad can work, but I wouldn't be able to do that on a complicated class.

If you're in pain after only a couple minutes of playing it might be too difficult. Sorry to hear if this is the case...it sucks when you have to cut down or give up a hobby because of physical age-related reasons.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Use a programmable keyboard/mouse to automate the most repetitive key pushing.
Doing that would violate the rules here:

Quote:
5. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

This includes programmable keyboards or other devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.

Wineq2 by Lavishsoft is the exception to this rule. In addition, any program that strictly reads log files is acceptable.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-14-2022, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doing that would violate the rules here:
I know. The guy also literally is disabled. Don't be so stupid as to see that isn't a legit exception to the rules by anyone with a heart.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know. The guy also literally is disabled. Don't be so stupid as to see that isn't a legit exception to the rules by anyone with a heart.
There's nothing wrong with making it easier to push a button. The problem is in automating the pushing of said button(s). That said, there should be no need to have a macro to sit, open book, and click meditate because - Verant gave us that. The /meditate command was removed after it was no longer required due to /book existing:

------------------------------
August 30, 2000 8:00 am
------------------------------

*Today's Patch*

Today we modified the EverQuest client to implement the following
changes:

<truncated list>

- Opening your spellbook will automatically cause you to begin
meditating providing that you have the skill.
- Removed the /meditate command since it is no longer necessary.

-Mcoy
Old 05-14-2022, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Im pretty sure this game has caused permanent damage to my main hand in the form of using a mouse that had a bunch of buttons on the side I used my thumb to press...

I started geting major wrist pain after a few years of using it here, my APM was off the chain lol but now I have extremely painful thumb joint and at night ill get shooting pains that run up my arm.

Its completely isolated to like the thumb joints/tendons etc.. im not doctor, but I sure as hell blame that mouse.

I staunchly object to anyone even suggesting that someone using a way to avoid carple tunnel by prsesing 50,000 button presses in this 20 year old game is NOT breaking the rules.

These game companies could be liable IMO to the damage some of these games cause, a car company would be.

If you;re manually making javs on this server, you're an idiot and you're going to regret it for the last 30 years of your life even if you dont end up divorced over it.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Having a body part hurt is no excuse to cheat the game. And I say that as someone who is literally using my left hand to move my mouse right now, because I injured my right arm so badly with bad ergonomics recently.

I would LOVE to cheat at EQ and automate everything, and someday if I'm super bored I might do so on one of those six-boxing servers where everyone automates everything. But that is very much NOT P99 and classic EverQuest! If anyone tries to cheat here, regardless of their personal injuries, I hope the staff bans them as they would any cheater.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

This is a god damned retirement home you fricken melinial. Youll understand it sooner or later you kids think you're invulnerable.