Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Class

Hi all,

I recently found out about P1999 and am excited to relive the good old days. I am currently debating what class to make and would love advice as I do not have the best memory of what classes were like at this point in the game. I am considering making a SK, monk, or necro and would like advice re: soloability/duoability (including what class to duo with), server need, etc. With Kunark on the horizon, should I hold off on making a monk or necro? Is regen that worth it?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Necros and mages are great soloers, but if you made a tank you would rarely have problems getting a group. The server probably needs tanks more than any other class.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Is a monk considered a tank at this point in time? Or do we just mean SK/Pally/War?

Would making a non-troll/ogre SK be a viable alternative to avoid the 1.68 penalty?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros and mages are great soloers, but if you made a tank you would rarely have problems getting a group. The server probably needs tanks more than any other class.
This isn't true. I have an easier time finding a group on my healer than a tank. Most groups will take 2 healers and only 1 tank.

Also, when making groups myself, I find it easier to find a lfg tank than a lfg healer.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubby McGee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't true. I have an easier time finding a group on my healer than a tank. Most groups will take 2 healers and only 1 tank.

Also, when making groups myself, I find it easier to find a lfg tank than a lfg healer.
What kind of healer do you play?

I get lots of tells on my druid for groups but I've always figured it's because they know I can get to wherever in short order. But I get more tells for groups on my Warrior than my GF does on her Cleric, depending on where we are/time of day etc, or so it seems.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

I play a cleric, and it can be very hit or miss trying to get a group. Obviously, groups I'm in don't have problems finding healers lfg, but it seems like tanks are in short order.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 06-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Playing a SK here and I've been having a harder time finding a group. Mainly because Unrest and MM are camped to death.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

opposite experience for me, i rarely go with my /lfg tag for long 38 sk here going on 50.

when it starts getting later, 10PM+ MT, i start getting spammed with group invites.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If I make a monk, what do I put my initial stat points into? I am thinking to divide between sta and str
Old 06-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Banned

Max sta.
Closed Thread