Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

I can go farther than that. Puppet strings, bladestopper, soulfire should all be dissalowed. For example, Bladestopper allows you pulls you should not be able to do as a shaman. It also adds more than 3k hp to your total during a fight. Soulfire is 5 CHs.

Puppet strings is just the worse. You are a shaman who kills mobs like if he were an enchanter.

I stand by my reasoning: Those kills were not done by a shaman.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Can a shaman do the soulfire quest?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bladestopper allows you pulls you should not be able to do as a shaman.
I know exactly what you're thinking of here, and I did Drusella with no puppet strings and no Bladestopper. Shamans get this awesome spell called Spirit of Wolf, which works just fine. Oh, I did use IVU pots to get to her, which I suppose you also must have a problem with.

I'm not sure what pulls Bladestopper is going to allow me to do that I couldn't do without. Tola's nukes are bigger than a Rune IV, so it would be unlikely to make a difference on that.

Since you are such a purist, I fully expect you to never use a sow potion (or else you become a shaman) or a WC cap (or else that makes you a druid).
Old 08-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Banned

Of course Orruar comes in right after me and makes Neh`ashiir look easy lol.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since you are such a purist, I fully expect you to never use a sow potion (or else you become a shaman) or a WC cap (or else that makes you a druid).
Neither SoW nor the WC port cap have really anything to do with any class' ability to solo that list of mobs.

SoW - only beneficial to kiting classes, all of whom can SoW or better.

WC port cap - doesn't help you kill, only bail.

I don't see how disallowing Bladestopper (10 charges of 4k HP Rune), Puppet Strings (charm), and Soulfire (5 CHs) is whatsoever problematic.

All of these effects are "game breaking" in terms of the solo game.
Last edited by azeth; 08-23-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know exactly what you're thinking of here, and I did Drusella with no puppet strings and no Bladestopper. Shamans get this awesome spell called Spirit of Wolf, which works just fine. Oh, I did use IVU pots to get to her, which I suppose you also must have a problem with.

I'm not sure what pulls Bladestopper is going to allow me to do that I couldn't do without. Tola's nukes are bigger than a Rune IV, so it would be unlikely to make a difference on that.

I don't need to use a sow pot, I have a sow sword [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ! Still, lol at your puppet string kills. Not shaman kills.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

I really don't see what the problem is Faz. If you want to be a purist, you can ignore anything S-. I'll edit the God-mode kills list to reflect this.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Can a shaman do the soulfire quest?
yes, now go solo trakanon !
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't see what the problem is Faz. If you want to be a purist, you can ignore anything S-. I'll edit the God-mode kills list to reflect this.
His problem is that he's jealous and has to try and knock others down in an attempt to lift his own self esteem.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
His problem is that he's jealous and has to try and knock others down in an attempt to lift his own self esteem.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread