Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2019, 12:39 AM
Orc

Default Noob warrior questions

I have a lvl 30 warrior that I have been leveling again for the first time in a couple of months with the current exp bonus being active. I enjoy playing a warrior because it essentially forces me to group. Being that my only lvl 60 character is a worthless Druid, it's a breath of fresh air compared to the quadding, and being a buff-bitch, life.

But I do have a couple of simple questions that pertain to me holding aggro better in a group. I have been grouping in unrest. In some groups I can hold aggro pretty consistently. As long as the nukers don't nuke too early, and whatnot. But in a group with a twinked monk, or a twinked rogue (or even a semi-twinked rogue that refuses to hide), maintaining aggro on a single mob has been hard.

Currently, as far as weapons are concerned, I am equipped with a Venemous Axe of the Velium Brood in my main hand, and a Blade of the Green Dragon Eye in my offhand. If the proc of my MH lands, keeping aggro is easy. However, it rarely seems to land (which is based on dex, and as far as I've heard, attack speed as well?).

For armor, it's pretty basic crusty armor with an Iksar bp for that shitty regen. The -dex on some of the crusty pieces is the next thing I will replace due to it lowering proc/crit chance.

Questions:

1) What's the general rule of thumb? Faster attack/lower delay weapon in MH? Or off hand? I'm assuming the faster should be in MH, but just curious.

2) Should I get rid of the Dragon Eye blade and buy another proc weapon instead? Sure it looks relatively cool (and I got a good ass deal on it), but it has no proc so I'm not sure it's doing much for threat generation.

3) Should I focus on increasing dex more than I am? For ear/ring pieces, I've been going with simple +hp/stam items, but should dex be more concern as a warrior for the proc chance?

Of course I'm not level 60 yet. Which is where I think warriors shine the most, because until then, the snap aggro effects of Pally's or SK's might be better than the extra AC or HP that warriors can have. Is that something that you just have to deal with at these lower levels? I mean my group earlier was happy to replace me with a fucking bard simply because he might be able to better hold aggro than me.

I've never been so embarrassed. Fucking bards. I hate bards.
Last edited by Delacroix; 07-06-2019 at 12:43 AM..