Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Orc

Default Are the servers "up", or...

... or is it just an illusion?

According to the status showing on this page right now, they're up and happy with 585 players. And, I can get as far as the character select screen (seems to me that means they're up, alright) - but when I select a character and log in, all that happens is the loading bar kicks off, fills up and then either immediately dumps me out to Windows or pops the black screen saying "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED." When I try to log back in, I have to wait for my active character to clear first before it will even let me make another attempt, as if I went LD in-game.

?! Anyone else running into this?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

we're online and playing right now, but sometimes we get a message that our zone lost connection to world server, and often you cant send tells
Old 04-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Banned

I tried to log in just now, but my character select screne didnt have my character. And when I loged back out and back in again, it says my IP is blocked and I cant get in.

I only have this 1 account. Im new to p1999 if this is a common bug or something could anyone please tell me what to do? searching all over the forum to see if this happens frequently.

Thanks! Also it currently says 985 people online [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

try using a proxy or post in the petition forum for an IP unban
Old 04-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Banned

I dont know what a proxy means [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would also love to post a petition, but where??

I followed the instructions from these forum page on how to install the game, ran fine for 2 days. The ones the that the cracked out Family Guy avatar wrote.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

that cracked out family guy is the lead GM, so that guide is legit. i just tried to login and my server select is blank, so i would assume that there are some server-side issues going on. give it some time, and if it still is having problems in an hour or so then post a bug/petition in the respective forum.

the devs will be able to sort out your problem.

alternatively, there is another loginserver you can use, that i have seen rogean suggest to others. using it requires editing your loginserver file, but youll have to search forums for more info.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

are you able to get in now? the connection issues i was having have seemed to disappear and i am now in NKarana..

LFG!
Old 04-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Banned

Nope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] same ban message, I even restarted for good luck.

I guess something has made my account banned... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wonder how long this takes to get fixed? I created a petition post, but no reply to that yet.

Though after a patch im sure they have plenty of petitions to go through.