Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye1709 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is a free to play server and nothing is owed to anyone. That said, outside of enforcing things like boxing and RMT and the like, GMs should have zero involvement. Let the player base self regulate and end the petition quest that brought us to this thread in the first place.

wouldn't that be nice! they love to see nerds suffer though.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye1709 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being able to log in for a batphone and kill a dragon >5 minutes in some instances with your elf pals is the very definition of casual. Yes, there are those socking the shit out of targets to make this a reality, but thats their prerogative and they should be rewarded for the time spent no matter what you may think of their life choices/how they spend their time.

The argument that there were never FTE races, train ups, etc didn't exist in 99 and thus shouldn't be a thing now is laughable at best. Game mechanics can be controlled. How people interact with said mechanics on a progression locked server however, cannot. Obviously the way the game is played will evolve over time, especially with the level of knowledge regarding the aforementioned being so readily available.

This is a free to play server and nothing is owed to anyone. That said, outside of enforcing things like boxing and RMT and the like, GMs should have zero involvement. Let the player base self regulate and end the petition quest that brought us to this thread in the first place.
i like the part where you go from pro-casual to sockers deserve to be rewarded. pick one, jerk.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like the part where you go from pro-casual to sockers deserve to be rewarded. pick one, jerk.
Lol, I'm pro server where people can play however they wish as the game exists without GM interference [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yes, there are those socking the shit out of targets to make this a reality, but thats their prerogative and they should be rewarded for the time spent no matter what you may think of their life choices/how they spend their time.
Quote:
This is a free to play server and nothing is owed to anyone.
Quote:
GMs should have zero involvement.
What a wild ride.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one deserves loot what a twisted paradigm. If you put the time in you should be rewarded, like how every other merit based system works in the world and in games.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Can someone explain why they are doing this instead of just rooting the dragons? Am I missing something? Is that technically infeasible on P99?

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone explain why they are doing this instead of just rooting the dragons? Am I missing something? Is that technically infeasible on P99?
It's not "classic" is my guess.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes, there are those socking the shit out of targets to make this a reality, but thats their prerogative and they should be rewarded for the time spent no matter what you may think of their life choices/how they spend their time.
Why? Is there some inherent moral argument for why 20-year old game pixels should only go to someone pooping in their sock? Was this part of the classic experience I missed?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? Is there some inherent moral argument for why 20-year old game pixels should only go to someone pooping in their sock? Was this part of the classic experience I missed?
Yes there is a moral argument.

Should everyone be able to have a chance for dragons or only a certain group of people. I believe it is more moral when everyone has a chance for dragons than only when a certain group of people have a chance for dragons.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a wild ride.
I'll take Out of Context for 500 Alex.

I'll spell it out for you. Player A doesn't want to compete, sock, wall lick, whatever you want to call it, for pixels because game mechanics (or rather how the server population interacts with the mechanics currently) dictate thats the only way they can get them. Player B is willing to do the above. Player B is willing to play the game, gets reward. Player A, cries/whines until GM interferes and tries to make it "fair".

So, yea, nothing is owed to anyone outside of being able to play a video game they want to without GMs interfering because some other player thinks the way other people are playing the game is "unfair".

Get it?

If everyone got a medal just for "participating", this server would be dead already.
Closed Thread