Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-14-2022, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the sleeper is a really cool emergent feature that I wish we could lean into on a recycle server like p99

It's not like they could have known we would only play the first 3 expansions, and then quit forever until someone made a recycle server that played the first 3 expansions only and then looped them when they designed the sleeper.

But in that scenario, the sleeper creates this like, 100% player driven nuclear option. And I think it's pretty bad ass if oyu think about it.

Like this is a game all about talking, grouping and forgoing comfort and ease for player interaction.

Here we have a system where the top guilds (goverment) can manage a peaceful and prospersous utopia where everyone gets all the loot.

Or cold and calculated men corrupted by greed and power can use their might to summon a dragon to smote the world into ruin!

It'd be great to just end the server when the sleeper was awoken, and for players to agree to keep it going forever, one day.. at least until the darkness in castle mist Moore finds its way out of that dark pit it was sealed to wreak havok once again...
I would be totally fine with this

Awakening the sleeper resets the server completely.
Old 04-14-2022, 01:14 AM
Aviak

Yeah delete all chars and reset. I will say not happy about the awakening.

Seal Team socks.
Glad I did not join them.
That's just me and opinions do not matter
Last edited by Steven01; 04-14-2022 at 01:18 AM..
Old 04-14-2022, 01:55 AM
Kobold

"Seal Team will also be attempting to kill Kerafyrm himsel"

Roflmao, the hubris, but hey down to 98% almost there.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:00 AM
Banned

well no use crying over spilled milk, it does suck that it has happened

but hey, the event was fun even though there was some controversy

I'm glad I got to see the sleeper wake up for the 2nd time

this time i got it recorded!
Old 04-14-2022, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

yeah fuck seal team, they've been a thorn in the side of the green server since it's launch.

worst name for a guild in history, you'd think a name like Kittens who say meow would remain the worst guild name in EQ history, but alas, bigger douche bags emerged.

so the biggest douche bags around decide to wake the sleeper? oh well. now Phatez can get back to polishing his head.

nothin left to do but go out of my way to grief anyone tagged ST ad infinitum.

you're all getting ported to the farthest point from your request, if you're dumb enough to hit /follow.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

so the biggest douche bags around decide to wake the sleeper? oh well. now Phatez can get back to polishing his head.
haha I lol'd in real life
Old 04-14-2022, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Seal Team will also be attempting to kill Kerafyrm himsel"

Roflmao, the hubris, but hey down to 98% almost there.
Is too bad, I think the server could have done the impossible and slain Kerafyrm....

But, oh well, maybe in 5 more years we will get another shot at it. No matter which guild wakes it or when, I'll be there if I can to slay it!!!!

Will be the greatest achievement of all of EQ!!! Something never done, everrr.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:25 AM
Planar Protector

sorry you spent thousands of hours on green to not get warder loot

hope this helps
Old 04-14-2022, 08:38 AM
Orc

Sorry you all can't realize if roles reversed Kingdom would've woken it months ago, copium needed tho I get it. Sorry you don't got warder loot.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'the data shows'

ok mr eq scientist. lol seek sunlight holy *&^% some people are way, way too into this ancient game
I am not sure why you think I am "way too into this ancient game" or a "eq scientist". A basic google search can tell you which servers have awakened the Sleeper.

https://kotaku.com/the-surprising-an...rqu-1785741600

From the article: "Waking “the Sleeper” Kerafyrm was a one-time-only event on each server, and Rallos Zek was the last one on which Kerafyrm still slept."

I am not the one who is mad about Sleeper being awoken, you are. Otherwise why would you keep accusing people normally playing the game of "loot denying" when that isn't even the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've spent pages now trying to convince people that since devs remove manastone, they shouldn't be pissed that players removed sleeper. That attempt at rhetorical sleight of hand isn't going to work buddy.
It's not rhetorical sleight of hand. Again, saying random nonsense is not an argument. Sleeper, like Manastone, is a limited time event. There is no reason to be mad that a limited time event is over, limited time events are par for the course in P99.

The rest of your rant just shows that you are mad you didn't get Warder loot. It's fine to be mad, but accusing Seal Team of "loot denial" for just playing the game is super silly.