Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 05:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Couple questions from a new player

Hey all, new player here. Haven't stepped foot in Norrath since LDoN was the newest expansion, aside from a short stint on EQMac. It's been a blast getting back to it and relearning everything again. After doing some research I ended up going with a bard on the Blue server. People have been super generous - I'm only level 7 and I'm fairly sure I'm set on weapons until my 50's at least (was gifted a Guardians Mace and Symphonic Saber). Everything else is cloth for now, and that's where I have questions. I've been on the Wiki to look for a sort of "gear progression" guide, but have come up empty. I remember ac/hp being the main things to chase so current plan is to save up for a set of banded and ac/hp rings and the instruments from Mistmoore. Does that make sense or should I be saving every coin for something else?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-08-2021, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Look for Orenthall in game from time to time. Shoot me a msg and I can see what I can give you for free. I’d recommend saving up for the bard cultural armor though, Arleigh may make it. Also save up for a cheap haste item like silver chitin hand wraps. I’d mostly focus on just lvling. The pp and gear will come.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:10 AM
Kobold

Project1999 Wiki will be your friend for this one

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Gear/Bard

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 03-09-2021, 12:07 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks so much for the tips, I'll keep an eye out for you in game Orenthall.

Midoo, thanks for that link!. I somehow missed the Gear Reference link. I had been using the Equipment link in the Wiki and it was not nearly as helpful as the link you posted. Much appreciated.

Yeah, the plan is to get just a base level of banded armor-type gear before I leave EC so I'm not a complete liability in groups. Almost 13 now leveling mostly off of wisps and YK's at this point. I've been laying waste to every single black bear I see for the HQ bear skins and having been making some pretty good coin off that. I'm thinking I'll need to move out of this zone regardless of gear soon if I want to continue to progress.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely a good idea to level in Mistmoore and get the instruments there.

And yes, HP + AC rings are probably the best bang-for-your-buck gear you can buy.

I'd stick to the popular zones and group. You won't be a liability if you can keep twisting songs and CCing. Don't waste your money on worn haste, melee bard is for the birds.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

hp, ac and resists are the stats i like.
but i rather not get hit and be reactive with my twisting whether solo, group, or raid.
so i tend to scrape by on basically statless gear
just need my instruments.
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 03-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Skeleton

I just started back a month ago. Zero gear needed really if you are kiting. Almost level 30 now. Still sing the vendor instruments too. This game is so good tho it causes wife agro. Found a set of bronze armor but it’s super heavy and other random bits off mobs I’m kiting.

Found a great guild Kittens that say Meow. Good people to chat it up with too.

Soulace
Last edited by nabbs; 03-09-2021 at 01:46 PM..
Old 03-09-2021, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Bards also require basically no gear to level up. Vendor bought instruments and you are good to go. Save up for lambent armor if you like the blue fashion quest. Another cheap option would be something like paineel steel armor (no stats besides ac but it’s good fashion)
Closed Thread