Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

It used to be ok to spend 5 days in a level. I used to never look at my expense guage. Sitting up top of aviak village killing those 3 spawns with two other people in rawhide n banded, and maybe one or two other mobs sometimes was exactly how I remember 99.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Lake Rathe, located South of South Katana, is a southern region of Antonica located further south than other esoteric regions. Notable exceptions include The Crypt of Dalnir and The Mines of Nurga.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It used to be ok to spend 5 days in a level. I used to never look at my expense guage. Sitting up top of aviak village killing those 3 spawns with two other people in rawhide n banded, and maybe one or two other mobs sometimes was exactly how I remember 99.
Yeah, that's one thing I think will never be captured in another MMO. I never logged on thinking "how much experience can I get before my parents make me stop playing" when I was a kid. I logged and just wandered around exploring, and it was common to see other players just hanging out and socializing in almost every zone.

Another thing, now that you mention Banded... when I first played P99 last summer, I was playing with a guy who never played EQ before but had wanted to when he was a kid and wasn't able to, so he used the pandemic as the opportunity to try it. He didn't believe me when I told him that Bronze armor used to be VALUABLE.

I remember one of the kids who rode my school bus got a bronze breastplate, and it caused a fist fight in real-life because he planned to sell it and the other friend wanted to wear it. The breastplate LITERALLY sold for 100pp on my server at the time, and was considered super rare and Bronze armor was considered GOOD at that time.

This guy couldn't believe me and thought I was trolling him because in 2020 Bronze armor was considered too heavy to even loot in terms of vendor value. Better off only looting Fine Steel etc.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lake Rathe, located South of South Katana, is a southern region of Antonica located further south than other esoteric regions. Notable exceptions include The Crypt of Dalnir and The Mines of Nurga.
I didn't realize that people didn't use Crypt of Dalnir that much... I spent a lot of time there since I had a Monk and I just assumed if I were able to get full Crescent Armor that it would make me OP... even though it had worse stats than the stuff I already had on.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't realize that people didn't use Crypt of Dalnir that much... I spent a lot of time there since I had a Monk and I just assumed if I were able to get full Crescent Armor that it would make me OP... even though it had worse stats than the stuff I already had on.
People argue AC is king, or skills matter. The truth is optics rule.

Rock up in bristle silk (cloth stats velious look) get invites. Rock up in something with cloth looks but better stats, get laughed at and refused invite.
Old 04-11-2021, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People argue AC is king, or skills matter. The truth is optics rule.

Rock up in bristle silk (cloth stats velious look) get invites. Rock up in something with cloth looks but better stats, get laughed at and refused invite.
AC is king used to be the most legit argument, I remember wearing the Woven Shadow that had +Int and +Wis on it because I was like man, fuck that Mithril, I need this armor.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Ac is king, should be. Like. It should let you solo hard mobs n stuff on your rogues.
Closed Thread