Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quad kiting the wizards true power, you will level faster than just about any class in the game. At 19 you can quad beetles in NK without Jboots, they are slow enough to out run on foot, strafe running makes this even easier. It helps to have your Staff of Temperate flux to quad, do the Sol Ro temple quest, if you have 44 mage should be easy.
NK beetles to 23-24th
After that your gonna need Jboots.
I did SK treants till 39th after that, but will you take Qeynos and Druid ring faction hits. You dont need Jboots for Treants, plus wizards destroys treants, fire spells own them. Awesome loot an xp too, and only a 4 min spawn. Can take 1 treant till about 29th, then you can take both till 39th.
Then quad guards EK or WK till 49th.
Spirocs in TD till 51.
Raptors in TD till 60.
Thank you for the advice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll give quadding those scarabs a try. I'm 20 now and have been doing crag spiders right now but those look fun. I do think I need my project lightning spell first though?

I'm not caring much about faction as my wizard is a dark elf Innoruuk follower. I can port in a few levels to the one and only city I really need to care about. xD

I am definitely using my mage for helping the wizard though. I have him camped in SRo atm logging on every 9pm hoping for a shot at the ring, as I found out recently you can MQ JBoots to yourself. After that I plan on using the mage to get my wizard his staff of tempflux. I've also just been farming plat with him in Rivervale during later hours. Wizard is already kinda twinked out and I'm not done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol anyone trying to monopolize all the guard spawns with a quad is a total ass
Those EK guards? I rarely see anyone there. When I was leveling my mage, the EK guards were usually around my 4th choice of leveling for the day when I'd check my usual spots, the kind that are almost always ended up being camped on a Saturday afternoon.

I don't think many folks should mind if I'm quadding those guys and no one is there. I'm always willing to talk it out and compromise with folks though. I don't think I'm an ass.
Last edited by tadkins; 04-17-2021 at 04:59 PM..
Old 04-17-2021, 05:18 PM
Banned

Not sure why everyone is dog piling on the OP. Don't you guys check the /who of the zones you are in? Maybe it's just the fact that I'm only in my 30's with my first char on green (had to take a break recently), but whenever I do a /who in any zone, the list of classes usually looks like: dru, dru, nec, dru, nec, dru, enc, mag, dru, nec, dru, sham....then mayyyyybe there's some ranger or SK somewhere in there. Never any warriors, rogues, or paladins. And about 80% of the entire green server (at least in lowbie zones) seems to be Druids and Necromancers

Granted, there's some things not mentioned yet in this thread that factor in. I believe the knight's DPS tables get improved at some future point. The OP was talking from a warrior perspective, but having a weaker DPS table for knights on Green server does apply to the topic of melees being gimped. It's part of the reason that I didn't bother to roll the Troll SK twink I wanted to make. That and the fact I'd still need to save oodles of pp for him anyway. Which segways to my next point about server populations: I assume most people rolled solo classes for their first chars on Green in order to farm money on. So its not entirely that melees are gimp, but moreso that because Green is a newer server, most of the people there rolled farming classes that don't require twinking as their first char

But either way, maybe melees aren't gimp on Green, but they certainly ARE scarce as fuck
Old 04-17-2021, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why everyone is dog piling on the OP. Don't you guys check the /who of the zones you are in? Maybe it's just the fact that I'm only in my 30's with my first char on green (had to take a break recently), but whenever I do a /who in any zone, the list of classes usually looks like: dru, dru, nec, dru, nec, dru, enc, mag, dru, nec, dru, sham....then mayyyyybe there's some ranger or SK somewhere in there. Never any warriors, rogues, or paladins. And about 80% of the entire green server (at least in lowbie zones) seems to be Druids and Necromancers

Granted, there's some things not mentioned yet in this thread that factor in. I believe the knight's DPS tables get improved at some future point. The OP was talking from a warrior perspective, but having a weaker DPS table for knights on Green server does apply to the topic of melees being gimped. It's part of the reason that I didn't bother to roll the Troll SK twink I wanted to make. That and the fact I'd still need to save oodles of pp for him anyway. Which segways to my next point about server populations: I assume most people rolled solo classes for their first chars on Green in order to farm money on. So its not entirely that melees are gimp, but moreso that because Green is a newer server, most of the people there rolled farming classes that don't require twinking as their first char

But either way, maybe melees aren't gimp on Green, but they certainly ARE scarce as fuck
I think what would help is if the prices of melee gear got lowered, it might encourage folks to play them more. But yup I have honestly noticed that too. It's also a reflection of the times we live in, as more folks who play this game have RL responsibilities and aren't always able to sit down for big hour blocks at a time with a group, so they need to play something that can solo. I was interested in rogue for a time but hearing of how much they need to stick to a group like a baby to its mother really turned me off to the class.

That said I just tried my first quad kite as a wizard and was amazed at how not-scary it was. I'm giving serious thought to trying out a bard right now. xD But I'm not sure if that class counts as "true melee".
Last edited by tadkins; 04-17-2021 at 05:44 PM..
Old 04-17-2021, 06:16 PM
Banned

My AGI-centric halfling warrior feels like it was a more stable grind than my ac-centric ogre warrior was. I think this server undervalues agi. That might be your "in" to affordable tank classes. Gearing the halfling was dirt cheap. Tanks CT fine through the 30s and 40s
Old 04-17-2021, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My AGI-centric halfling warrior feels like it was a more stable grind than my ac-centric ogre warrior was. I think this server undervalues agi. That might be your "in" to affordable tank classes. Gearing the halfling was dirt cheap. Tanks CT fine through the 30s and 40s
Admittedly I don't know much about warriors, but from reading this I got the impression that AC was king.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_f...rated_Warriors
Old 04-17-2021, 08:18 PM
Banned

That's the general consensus, but as I said, I geared mine for max agi and it feels like soloing and group efficacy is better on green with my agi-halfling than it was on blue.

Lvl 41 at "arch top" in CT, I was pulling 4 or 5 mobs at a time into camp, without much problem, with just augmentation for an agi-buff. Most hits: still minimum dmg, and landing less often.

Not getting hit > getting hit with 10% better mitigation. Plate is plate I suppose.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the general consensus, but as I said, I geared mine for max agi and it feels like soloing and group efficacy is better on green with my agi-halfling than it was on blue.

Lvl 41 at "arch top" in CT, I was pulling 4 or 5 mobs at a time into camp, without much problem, with just augmentation for an agi-buff. Most hits: still minimum dmg, and landing less often.

Not getting hit > getting hit with 10% better mitigation. Plate is plate I suppose.
Yup I get ya. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I do kind of wish the playstyles varied a bit more between the races. A halfling warrior should fight in a different way than an ogre warrior. A dark elf warrior should have their own unique tricks and tactics. There should be a good reason to be a gnome warrior, and so on.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the advice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll give quadding those scarabs a try. I'm 20 now and have been doing crag spiders right now but those look fun. I do think I need my project lightning spell first though?

I'm not caring much about faction as my wizard is a dark elf Innoruuk follower. I can port in a few levels to the one and only city I really need to care about. xD

I am definitely using my mage for helping the wizard though. I have him camped in SRo atm logging on every 9pm hoping for a shot at the ring, as I found out recently you can MQ JBoots to yourself. After that I plan on using the mage to get my wizard his staff of tempflux. I've also just been farming plat with him in Rivervale during later hours. Wizard is already kinda twinked out and I'm not done.

Those EK guards? I rarely see anyone there. When I was leveling my mage, the EK guards were usually around my 4th choice of leveling for the day when I'd check my usual spots, the kind that are almost always ended up being camped on a Saturday afternoon.

I don't think many folks should mind if I'm quadding those guys and no one is there. I'm always willing to talk it out and compromise with folks though. I don't think I'm an ass.

I camped the EK guards from 39 to 49, never had one person contest them. They are higher level than the NK or WK guards. So you get more per quad on those, I was getting 4-8% a quad till about 49th. Hell levels will make them drop low, non hell levels it will be higher. At 49 they dropped to 1-2%. If you have the mana pool you could probably start them sooner cause the exp is awesome but loot not nearly as good, I milked the treants for extra cash. Think i had almost 15-20k after treants from 23-39th. I bought my Jboots MQ for 5k with the money btw, ).
Old 04-19-2021, 10:13 AM
Banned

AC from AGi is probably applied uncapped/outside, like shield ac so any class, non-warrior classes most benifity probably the most from it at levels sub 55

its like running with 3 extra cleric ac buffs

same thing with shields, but warriors suck because they can't hold agro with just a shield and 1h in that regard, they don't need them rly tho

just remember that number on the screen in the UI is rediculous and meaningless\

Sheild>Spells>AGI>Worn AC (most likely)

AGI saves mana/per hr, not mana per round. Is likely when u notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup I get ya. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I do kind of wish the playstyles varied a bit more between the races. A halfling warrior should fight in a different way than an ogre warrior. A dark elf warrior should have their own unique tricks and tactics. There should be a good reason to be a gnome warrior, and so on.
gnomes are the kings of dex and procs, and tinkered overhaste, they are quite popular among a subset of minmaxers

all this said, i totally agree, it'd be awesome if ogres favored 2h, dwarves axes, and dark elves like agi and whips or something cool like that, maybe everyone gets the epic, but theres like a .75 weapon thats pretty good for each race thats flavored, maybe give barbarians a spear/sword style, this would be cool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by starkind; 04-19-2021 at 10:17 AM..
Old 04-19-2021, 10:28 AM
Banned

Make stamina work

And devs not bend to pressure of the whining about it

I've got ur back, Brad bless
Closed Thread