Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

A big pop at server select turns me on
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Option 1: Increase spawn rate of raid and quest mobs, maybe spawn rate scales w/ population
Option 2: Allow free and unlimited transfer between red and blue?
Option 3: Allow paid (with plat) and/or locked to server for X time transfer between red and blue?
That'd let the population split into two buckets as it sees fit without people feeling like they're wasting their time on a dead server.
If not red, then replace the above options with green... it'd suck for people already on red if we disrupt their desired gameplay and economy.

I log into red and can't find a group and don't want to solo to 50. However, I log into blue and don't want to sock everything... skill should determine your ability to get end game items, not sitting waiting for something to spawn in some massive window.

As far as overpopulation for exping, I think people need to spread out more... there are plenty of great and underutilized zones to level in.
Last edited by wtsgoodtime; 03-15-2019 at 06:44 PM..
Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Blue server is overpopulated for sure
Old 03-15-2019, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be in favor of a cap if the server started DCing tunnel dwellers to make room for people who play the game. =p
Old 03-16-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Id prefer if they randomly DC'd ToV instead
Old 03-16-2019, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Why no 69?

Oh wait this isn't for red server
Old 03-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Full zones are going unused. Not crappy zones either. Perfectly good dungeon crawling zones with decent enough loot to make plat while you level. Just because you can't farm the one thing you want, it doesn't mean the server is overpopulated. It's never been easier to find and build groups and great gear can be had very cheaply.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Location: At my bind point, looking for a sow for a corpse run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue server is overpopulated for sure
I remember this as a complaint back in 1999-2000 on live. Players wanted to scale the spawns with population. Part of the fun was getting word that a spawn was up and gathering the guild to rush and claim the dungeon run to the spawn. These were the most intense and fun times I had in EQ. High pop creates competition, competition can create friendships, friendships can create guilds of like minds to compete and get in the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be in favor of a cap if the server started DCing tunnel dwellers to make room for people who play the game. =p
This type of complaint was common also, which is why they implemented the player turned NPC marketplace. Introducing the Player Marketplace was the start of the dismantling of player social interaction. Auctioning in EC IS part of the game. While it was not intended by the developers, it was a player created tool which drove the economy. You worked for your Plat by manually selling instead of hoarding it on a mule and having it sell for you. This was Devs giving in to lazy nerds. While it seemed like a good idea at the time, it took away meaningful player interactions.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server should have a cap of players because most players are really annoying and there would be more stuff available to do.
Why are there so many other people in my MMORPG? Are you sure this genre is for you?

I will not rest until we hit 3k concurrent.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Location: At my bind point, looking for a sow for a corpse run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelfyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are there so many other people in my MMORPG? Are you sure this genre is for you?

I will not rest until we hit 3k concurrent.
I have my streamers and champagne ready [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread