Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 10:04 AM
Large Rat

Default Camp stealing

Hi,

I thought we still have a play nice policy on here but today a guy named Rohk stole my orc 1 camp in east commonlands telling me "I was not at the camp" while I was just sitting a bit up the hill to avoid the roamers.

He didnt even do a camp check and since his char was too high I couldnt even get a single one and finally gave up.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

GM´s werent available [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Usually people here are very nice but this sucks.

Can any GM explain the policy to that guy please? would be great, thx.
Keep up the good work!
Old 12-22-2020, 10:14 AM
Large Rat

That was for Blue server. cant delete this message.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:29 AM
Banned

He might have a point if you were sitting too far away from the camp. Dealing with roamers might just have to be part of that camp. I feel ya though, even if the guy had a case technically, he could also have just chosen to not be a jerk and leave you alone.

That's the real test of who is and isn't a dickhead in EQ; when they *could* rule lawyer you out of a camp, but choose not to.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He might have a point if you were sitting too far away from the camp.
That's not how it works. If you keep a camp clear, it doesn't matter where you're sitting: it's your camp. You could be halfway across the zone, but as long as you make it back before the spawn (or technically even a "reasonable amount of time" after) that camp is "owned" by you.

However ... in an outdoor zone you can't claim "camps"; you can only claim "spawn points". Technically you did "own" one single spawn point ... but there was nothing in the rules preventing the other player from showing up and taking other spawns (common courtesy would, but that's not a rule).

https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules#General_Rules

P.S. Regardless of all of the above, we have an all volunteer support team here, so there will be times when there technically are no rules because there's no one to enforce them. All you can do in that case is use a program like OBS to record the bad behavior, and submit the video via forum petition.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-22-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Old 12-22-2020, 01:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not how it works. If you keep a camp clear, it doesn't matter where you're sitting: it's your camp. You could be halfway across the zone, but as long as you make it back before the spawn (or technically even a "reasonable amount of time" after) that camp is "owned" by you.
This is not true. You need to be nearby a camp to claim it, as per: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651

I wouldn't use the wiki as a source of server rules.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewinder47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not true. You need to be nearby a camp to claim it, as per: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651

I think you might be misinterpreting either what happened or the rule. It clearly states that you don't need to be near the camp as long as you are keeping it clear until it is contested. From the OP, it sounds like it wasn't being contested until the high level already decided the OP wasn't there.

As for the wiki... I'm pretty sure that page is just a collation of the various GM rulings that have come down and is billed as a "this is what you should expect if there is a dispute, but these aren't the rules as written".
Old 12-22-2020, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Yucky! Sorry about the yucky experience. Really gross and yucky.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewinder47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

you do not have to be near the camp. you are allowed to go sell and vendor. you cant leave the zone and have to keep the camp clear. also like previously mentioned in EC the person could of still claimed a single spawn not just take the entire camp. he would also have to give the OP the choice of which spawn he chose to keep.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

The rules are different every time you talk to a gm.

There’s a reason they aren't written down and the only way to try to view them is some guys wiki entry
Old 12-22-2020, 01:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rules are different every time you talk to a gm.

There’s a reason they aren't written down and the only way to try to view them is some guys wiki entry
I this case its specifically mentioned in the PNP

"That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up."

this is straight from pnp forum post.
Closed Thread