Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:25 PM
VIP / Contributor

I have faith it will still come up, but my pals think its dead in the water. no update since march. Im just hoping they are hard at work
Old 07-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have faith it will still come up, but my pals think its dead in the water. no update since march. Im just hoping they are hard at work
show your friends http://uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.p...3614&start=225

but yeah hopefully we can see some concrete stuff soon
Old 07-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will likey start something up on here. Is enchanter useful in pve and pvp? Also, do you get last names?
Enchanters are very useful in both environments, but make sure to read the class descriptions I've posted, cause the only thing DAoC Enchanters and EQ Enchanters have in common are their class names, mostly. It's a pet class with very decent single target DPS, and strongest pbaoe damage in the game - if you spec for it, it's more similar to the EQ Mage. If you've ever seen those Chardok PBAOE groups on P99, the same can be done in this game but on a more constant basis, if the group is well prepped for it.

If I end up being a Mentalist, they go really well together with Enchanters, cause the Mentalist can heal your pet (without getting aggro, for the most part) while you use your Focus Damage Shield for crazy damage. You get new pets every 7 levels or so, the one at level 7 happens to be a single target caster that does exceptional damage, which also goes up as you level, cause the level of the pets is directly influenced by the level of the caster to be approx 82% of caster's level upon being summoned.

As for another really useful strat, is the Heat resist debuff you get in the same spec line as the PBAOE & Pet Focus Shield, since all 3 casters have Heat nukes in their base line, we can do incredible damage if done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbaby Jesus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any word on when the server will come back. I played an alb wizard on live and had SO much fun til wow killed it.
Maybe you can try Enchanter also, or better yet, an Eldritch! No ETA yet but it shouldn't be that long now.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 07-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Skeleton

do we have a date for the servers to go live again?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Kobold

No date yet. I saw someone mentioned there's been no updates since March, but if you browse the forums, there is evidence from the admin's posts that they are still working on it. They've posted questions for us to help research specific ability icons, etc. So they are still actively working on it. I can't imagine it will take a whole lot longer.

Quoting Drusillaz from the Uthgard forums:

"Well guys is summer now: regularly I see GM's online on server - even thought I suppose most of the time is spent on Pendragon.

Since very few things remain to be fixed by now: Id say after summer at some point - maybe early fall?

Keep faith guys and give them the time it takes: we all know Blue and his staff do not go live untill they are confident that they can provide a really good and solid product."
Old 07-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters are very useful in both environments, but make sure to read the class descriptions I've posted, cause the only thing DAoC Enchanters and EQ Enchanters have in common are their class names, mostly. It's a pet class with very decent single target DPS, and strongest pbaoe damage in the game - if you spec for it, it's more similar to the EQ Mage. If you've ever seen those Chardok PBAOE groups on P99, the same can be done in this game but on a more constant basis, if the group is well prepped for it.
Yeah I did, I was a mage on p99 thats what i asked about enchanter. Think its just what im looking, just want to make sure it isn't horrible in either pve or pvp cause I would like to do both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeyuuduu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanters are so-so in PvP, they can't solo (no run speed, among other reasons) but then again it's not really a solo-focused game. Chanters are great in PvE, they are the masters of pbaoe groups, and in PvP pbaoes are also useful in some keep defense situations as they can often hit through thin walls/doors, and chanter pets also path through doors/walls, so their pets are great at finishing runners who are low on hp.

If you want a PvP-focused caster I'd go eldritch
I want a class that can do both decently. I remember reading at some point that people wouldn't invite certain classes to pvp groups or higher end pve, so I want a class that won't be excluded from either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

pretty cool revival, how far does this go in terms of expansions?

I played an infiltrator to RR7 back in the day, but ill probably do midgard this time around
Old 07-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty cool revival, how far does this go in terms of expansions?

I played an infiltrator to RR7 back in the day, but ill probably do midgard this time around
They're currently implementing the first expansion, Shrouded Isles, it won't go beyond that. However, they also include other things which weren't around during that era of the game; like Housing and Mounts, and teleporters in the main cities to cut down on travel times to certain places. I think it used to be that you had to take an actual boat to get to the SI cities, but later they put in those portals.

Let me know if you want to try Hibernia with the rest of the guild we're pre-making in this thread and what class.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 07-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe it'd be a good idea to explain how stats work in this game ahead of time too, there are lots of similarities to EQ but also major differences.

...and come on IRC ppl!

While looking at the Wiki entry for DAoC, I accidentally came across this old online magazine review from December 2001, coincidentally at the same time I started my first char.

Anyway, it has alot of good info for new players, check it out:

http://web.archive.org/web/200202020...iews/2344.html
Last edited by Scrooge; 07-04-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Old 07-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

List of players (updated July 4th) interested in playing Uthgard 2.0 in the same crew (if anyone wants to be added or removed, make a post):

Scrooge - mentalist(caster utility)/blademaster (melee dps)
backman_66 - warden/eldritch
Weekapaug - bard/hero/ranger/druid (hib), cleric/merc/minst (alb)
Ugrask - dps
Lyrith - CC/Healer
Zade - primary healer/dps, (+1 friend)
fishingme - scout, valewalker/animist/enchanter, bonedancer/thane
phacemeltar - CC/dps/utility
Cecily - nightshade
Nalkin - enchanter
Jaxon - eldritch
dustysr06 - druid/bard (+3 friends)

Caridry - undecided
mrgoochio - undecided
Erasong - undecided
Cookiefist - undecided
foxxhound - undecided
Scikala - undecided
Leeyuuduu - undecided
Sssleeve - undecided
Goobles - undecided

============================================

I'll match the roles needed to the ppl in this thread, based on their initial class choices, so we can see what we're missing more than anything else.

Realm: Hibernia

Primary Healing: Weekapaug (druid), Lyrith (druid), Zade (druid/warden?), dustysr06 (druid)
Secondary Healing: backman_66 (warden), phacemeltar (warden)
Primary Crowd Control: Lyrith (bard/CC), dustysr06 (bard)
Secondary Crowd Control: Weekapaug (bard/CC), phacemeltar (bard/CC)
Primary Bomber (caster dps): fishingme (enchanter), nalkin (enchanter)
Secondary Bomber (caster dps): phacemeltar (eldritch?) jaxon (eldritch)
Primary Shield Tank: backman_66 (Hero)
Secondary Shield Tank:
General Melee DPS: Ugrask, Zade, Zade2 (his friend), fishingme (valewalker), Scrooge (blademaster), backman_66 (blademaster)
General Caster DPS: fishingme (animist), Scrooge (mentalist), backman_66 (eldritch)

note: Class Descriptions for Hibernia are done.

DAoC Setup Guide
iRC Setup Guide
Last edited by Scrooge; 07-04-2014 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: added players to class roles
Closed Thread