Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 10:41 PM
Large Bat

Default Happy I Found This

Wow, I didn't know anything like this existed until just a couple days ago. I used to play original EQ till Luclin release, then teetered off due to real world stuff poked its head in. Granted, real world still has mass priority due to having two daughters taking most my time...

Anyways, would love to ask a couple questions if you guys have time.

Blue Server - Always going to be on Velious expansion?
Green Server - Always going to be original game release?

I'm currently out in Japan, curious if there's any Aussie or Oceanic players; however like mentioned above, my play time will be incredibly limited. I know starting out fresh is difficult, and hoping I might be able to find a group every here an there.

Thanks for your time. Hope to see you in game.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:48 AM
Orc

It was said that blue server will always be on velious.
They may implement some custom content for the far future. Blue server has been running for over 10 years. It is pretty much all top end raiding, if anyone running around low level they are twinked to all hell.

Green server is pretty fresh , released this past October. This server will be progressing up to velious, following the progression timeline of live server updates / patches.

I know there is a guild on Green server called Aussie Crew. I am unsure of blue server.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

Go Green, join Aussie Crew.

Welcome back to Norrath, friend!

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 03-28-2020, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Defo roll green no reason for u to blue.

Enjoy the game like it used to be. Pretty glorious.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwithers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue Server - Always going to be on Velious expansion?
Green Server - Always going to be original game release?
Blue server stops at Velious will never go farther. Green is currently on vanilla/classic, will progress through Kunark and Velious on the timeframes of the original expansion, aka a three year plus cycle then starts over with your toons preserved somewhere.

Anyway, walk away from this place and go spend time with the kids. Play some Doom and HalfLife or something.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:38 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue server stops at Velious will never go farther. Green is currently on vanilla/classic, will progress through Kunark and Velious on the timeframes of the original expansion, aka a three year plus cycle then starts over with your toons preserved somewhere.

Anyway, walk away from this place and go spend time with the kids. Play some Doom and HalfLife or something.
Hahaha. Appreciate the advice, and information. Family definitely has the priority, but always nice during the incremental times to sneak in a bar or two of xp.
Closed Thread