Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

I never thought I’d say this guys but

Try red

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:26 AM
Fire Giant

I was going to give you shit for comparing raiding on p99 to a RL sport but then saw that you were talking about 4th graders competing and it seemed appropriate.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:34 AM
Orc

RIP P99 , Perfect way to drop your blue server population. Now moving to Red99 actually makes sense.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:38 AM
Fire Giant

how can you compare Sky to ToV? is ToV respawning every 3 days now? Welcome to Simulated Instances P99, where we dont instance, but we simulate that we do.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey no offensive but you're pretty dumb. There's at least 5 that need 50+ not including the unkillable shit
I've done it. And I've done it with worse gear than is the norm on P99 today. It isn't done because it doesn't have to be done. The guilds were VERY guild oriented. The goal wasn't to get pixels for players, it was to get pixels for the guild. Selling or giving any loot received in a raid to an alt was the quickest way to get de-guilded. You offered it up in the guild first and only after absolutely no one else wanted it could you dispose of it. Keeping the numbers down geared everyone up for the next expansion. Having 150 or 200 in the guild would never work. It was kept small for a reason.

I recently saw a video on the Sleeper kill on Agnarr. They did it with around 25 people (maybe less, you never saw them all). That is exactly how everything was done. When Luclin came out we did the server-first kill of Seru, with 24 people. (Don't get me wrong, that bastard wiped us repeatedly before we finally succeeded, we didn't just walk in and kill him first try)

Remember, these were rather exclusive guilds. No alts, no shared toons, one character per player, and no one under level 60. They carefully limited their numbers to only the classes they needed and while for clerics like me it was a bit easier (there weren't a lot of clerics back then to start with and level 60 clerics were pretty damn rare) every other class had a ridiculous time getting in and only then when a spot came open. There was always a long list of applicants and very few were invited.

So yeah, it can be done and has been done. We only had 8 clerics total in the guild and the only time we used them all in a rotation that I can remember was during Luclin (Srra basement cycle).

What you have now is exactly the opposite. Even Aftermath will take any level 55 who comes along. Anything to boost the numbers and get more chances that someone answers the bat phone when something pops. Truth is it's almost necessary given the race to every spawn, so I'm not knocking them for it, but it's not classic. If we wanted to do ToV on Thursday instead of Wednesday, we did.

I know for sure the first time I saw a raid with more than 7 groups was after I took a six month break and came back. The new guild I was in was killing the Plane of Fire thing and there were 83 people there. I couldn't believe the number was correct.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how can you compare Sky to ToV? is ToV respawning every 3 days now? Welcome to Simulated Instances P99, where we dont instance, but we simulate that we do.
There is truth to this. Why go through the trouble of establishing a rotation, it's essentially an instance.

The tail end of these are going to lead to petitions over Vyemm and Vulakk on rotations that guilds can't complete ToV so the hope that this will eliminate petitions is in vain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2019, 04:04 AM
Kobold

Few things to be said from my foxhole;

1. I've played on this server a few years and cursed AM's name for dominating the server. What did I do? I helped build and recruit one of the strongest guilds on the server to COMPETE with them it was hard work and took months of investment but it paid off. Anyone who complains about the zerg, just start working at training and recruiting your own force. Its possible to do and look at Azure Guard or Core as the modles of how to do this.

2. I think there's an inflated idea of how hungry guilds outside of AM, AG, or Core are for ToV loot. Even if you had a scheduled night to kill all the dragons you want, that takes a knowedgable pull team and a lot of time to do. I've been in other guilds in the past that on an AM/AW ban basically took the next two weeks off once AM and AW were free again, it burned our players out. Guilds that weren't hungry enough to do what I said in point #1 wont clean their plate so to speak.

3. The competition in ToV was the fun part of this server
If the big dawgs stay around, looks like nobody is getting Sev, Trak, Naggy, Vox, Fear Golems, etc again so good luck finishing epics and gearing up to kill those ToV dragons.

Interesting play after disolving Tempest and not giving AG and Core a chance to challenge AM for ToV dominance. Cest la vie...
Old 02-05-2019, 04:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you cant effect me with your RnF, p99 already beat anything out of me with this change lol

ps you have no idea the money that I pull in each month. just because I love p99 doesnt mean i am not successful. You actually can play more p99 the more successful you are ya baboon
Fifield makes so much money he doesnt even have to shovel his own sidewalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2019, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignorant ramblings.
You are aware these raid mobs are tuned differently to make them harder here right? You cannot and will not ever be able to kill AoW with 30. Keep spewing shit that you did on a server 20 years ago and compare it to what you have no clue about here though.