Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

Ol' Tep has been making me chuckle since losing and redinging 60 in HS years ago on a seemingly daily basis lol - glad to see he's moved on to a different zone. A true personality of P99. Pras

<The A-Team>
Old 02-18-2018, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ol' Tep has been making me chuckle since losing and redinging 60 in HS years ago on a seemingly daily basis lol - glad to see he's moved on to a different zone. A true personality of P99. Pras
PS - people have been leaving buffed and weaponized former pets for the next unsuspecting nub to run into for yeeeeeeeeears on this server, its "may or may not be" the reason for more than one of your deaths in HS hahaha

<The A-Team>
Old 02-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yup Howling Stones is where I used to solo in Kunark era. I took a long break and am back as of a few days ago.

Quote:
I don’t know how much of clearing these camps is “skill” versus just having the tool set needed to do it with a shaman or enchanter or a necro. I’m not saying the stuff doesn’t take skill at all, I’m saying I have no way to qualify what camp as harder or easier than another.

Anyway that isn’t the point of this thread. No one really cares to debate how skilled or unskilled you are besides you bringing up how highly you think of yourself.
It takes a lot of skill to clear and keep down crypt. If you don't think so, try it. I'd like to see what you're capable of. Or even just tell me what defines a skilled player, what camp does he need to be able to take down?

And you're right, my skill has very little to do with the original question in this topic. I didn't bring up my skill but when it's questioned I'll tell you what I can do.

Quote:
PS - people have been leaving buffed and weaponized former pets for the next unsuspecting nub to run into for yeeeeeeeeears on this server, its "may or may not be" the reason for more than one of your deaths in HS hahaha
Not what happened. Read better.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:27 PM
Kobold

I play a monk, one that isn’t particularly well geared. No aspirations to solo the crypt. Although thanks to my personality not being repulsive in-game ( for the most part ) I’d never have to solo crypt.

I like how you said you’re back “for a few days” after a long break and you’re already embroiled in a rants and flames backfire thread where you look like a steaming pile of mastodon dung.

I’m not interested in you telling me what you can do I’m more interested in telling you what I think you should do, which is STFU; you sound like a chest pounding bro-dude more and more in every post and I’m more inclined to believe the other side of the story than yours because of it. You’ve got an abrasive, self-entitled personality that would rather bring a conflict to a breaking point rather than compromise or back down. That’s weakness, bro!

Any chance your shirt says “tapout” or “affliction” on it by any chance? Just askin’.

Have a nice day I posted this while freckling my toilet with a ruthless power fart. It looks like I shit through a screen door. I’ve gotta some work to do. DAMN YOU CHIPOTLE
Old 02-18-2018, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play a monk, one that isn’t particularly well geared. No aspirations to solo the crypt. Although thanks to my personality not being repulsive in-game ( for the most part ) I’d never have to solo crypt.

I like how you said you’re back “for a few days” after a long break and you’re already embroiled in a rants and flames backfire thread where you look like a steaming pile of mastodon dung.

I’m not interested in you telling me what you can do I’m more interested in telling you what I think you should do, which is STFU; you sound like a chest pounding bro-dude more and more in every post and I’m more inclined to believe the other side of the story than yours because of it. You’ve got an abrasive, self-entitled personality that would rather bring a conflict to a breaking point rather than compromise or back down. That’s weakness, bro!

Any chance your shirt says “tapout” or “affliction” on it by any chance? Just askin’.

Have a nice day I posted this while freckling my toilet with a ruthless power fart. It looks like I shit through a screen door. I’ve gotta some work to do. DAMN YOU CHIPOTLE
Look I already knew you play on a crappy char and don't do any challenge camps just based on your posts here. That's no reveal.

I'm not interested in making friends. I don't like grouping and I don't like raiding. Most people end up asking me for help with things though.

I'm just posting screens shots and explaining two camp thieves. If you want to discuss it, fine, if you want to give me a hard time about it, whatever, I can't do anything about that. These guys stole camp and when someone inevitably does it again, and it'll happen again cause I sometimes play in crowded zones where there's contention, I'll post again and we'll hear from the usual no lifers like you again, I'm sure. And when these guys inevitably steal another camp, we'll have this evidence of past crimes waiting for them.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Nivbot 2.0
Old 02-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It takes a lot of skill to clear and keep down crypt.
Wait, what are you clearing and keeping down? Arch Duke, Hiero, and maybe Baron are the only mobs worth killing aside from Emp, which I'm assuming you don't do due to aforementioned locked doors. ICGs don't see invis. Everything else drops garbage loot except maybe Blood, which again I'm assuming you don't do since no IVU.

So three L55 mobs in 28 minutes, all of which are solo engages. This is what you're touting as the height of "skill" for a L60 shaman with Torpor? Something 99% of the server can't do? Are you serious? Shaman is probably the class I've played like 6th most. I don't even consider myself a particularly good shaman and I've solo'd crypt multiple times.

Dude, just stop digging. You're just making things worse.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, what are you clearing and keeping down? Arch Duke, Hiero, and maybe Baron are the only mobs worth killing aside from Emp, which I'm assuming you don't do due to aforementioned locked doors. ICGs don't see invis. Everything else drops garbage loot except maybe Blood, which again I'm assuming you don't do since no IVU.

So three L55 mobs in 28 minutes, all of which are solo engages. This is what you're touting as the height of "skill" for a L60 shaman with Torpor? Something 99% of the server can't do? Are you serious? Shaman is probably the class I've played like 6th most. I don't even consider myself a particularly good shaman and I've solo'd crypt multiple times.

Dude, just stop digging. You're just making things worse.
Lol nice sluething detective retard, you really got me digging.

I hold the 4 mobs down when I feel like being very active. Most the time I’ll stick to hiero, baron and duke. I don’t do emp(emp is another camp that’s often but not always connected to crypt) and I don’t kill the golems or roamer.

I doubt you’ve solod crypt. There’s probably 200 or so torpor shaman on this server and I rarely see crypt solod. I rarely see shaman take and hold even 1 name. It’s rare but sometimes I’ll see a shaman holding Hiero. And that has to be a strong shaman that knows how to play the class well to do it. It’s not an easy solo kill. Even if you do everything right you have risks of dying. A lot more often than solos, I see duos.

Any shaman that solos crypt is pretty much a very solid shaman at the very least. There’s a lot of camps with varying levels of skill to take down and crypt is definitely a decently challenging one. It’s a good marker to see if someone is competent at the class and game.

If crypt is a walk in the park I challenge you to name me some camps that are doable and challenging. Im not even sure why you are so obsessed about my skill level and what I do in crypt. I’m beginning to think your hostility towards me is rooted in jealousy.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not? it's good to be friends with friends : -)
You should understand that you’re the type of guy that hangs out on rants and flames sub of an dnd based mmo that’s over 15 years old. I’d rather kill myself than make friends with your ilk.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Lol, I honestly didn't care until you showed your ass and started talking down to people. I actually felt like my post on page 4 was a bit harsh after typing it, but then you responded like a dick and seemed rustled over my "get good" comment, so I figured I'd poke at that sore spot a bit.

And feel free to doubt my ability to solo crypt. Unlike you, I have zero issue with some rando on a 19 year old elf simulator doubting my "skill".
Closed Thread