Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wakening lands/kael. Easy to get a faction and exp group going.
I'm almost to level 46 and this is where I've been hunting lately (when I want to go solo, that is).

I love Wakening Lands, it's honestly just such a cool zone. You can find all sorts of stuff in that forest...

Pro tip, kill the Tigeraptors, Black Panthers and Haze Panthers and make bank selling their skins to Tailors (like me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) If you can forage you can also get Yew Leaf to sell.

For boosting your COV faction, you can kill the giants (inside or outside of Kael, although the ones inside give better faction) or you can kill the various mercenaries that wander around WL.

Don't kill the unicorns though! (Jk, jk, you probably can, I just never have because killing a unicorn seems so sad to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 06-24-2019, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
add guards in oggok solo
In the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guards in grobb
In the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wakening lands/kael. Easy to get a faction and exp group going.
In the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wakening Land, Trak's Teeth, Burning Woods, Skyfire, Dreadlands
In the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kaladim, Felwithe, Kelethin, Oggok, Grobb, Freeport
In the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TD spirocs
In the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Black Panthers and Haze Panthers ... you can kill the giants (inside or outside of Kael, although the ones inside give better faction)
In the guide.

So look, no one has to use the guide. I can't force anyone too. But it had almost every single answer anyone suggested here (with almost all the details mentioned here, plus a lot more); why not use it?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-24-2019 at 10:17 AM..
Old 06-24-2019, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
OP posted they already reviewed the guide and that they're considering The Hole, but want some more input, specifically on lesser known/populated places, which excludes a lot of places listed on the wiki. Basically 1) OP wants to use that page and in fact has already used it before making this post, 2) yes, the wiki page has an entry on The Hole, which is one of the zones OP already knows about and plans to XP in.
Right ... and literally none of the answers here have provided any more detail whatsoever ... except your one single reference to another guide in the wiki, which seems to be the entire thing OP was against in the first place.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right ... and literally none of the answers here have provided any more detail whatsoever ... except your one single reference to another guide in the wiki, which seems to be the entire thing OP was against in the first place.
OP isn't against guides because they referenced a guide before even posting this thread and mentioned as much in their post. OP wants player input to figure out whether there's stuff not in the guide. Maybe less accessible places, stuff that's out of the way, new spots, etc. Instead of unnecessary, copy pasted responses, look at this thread as an opportunity for people to read the guide and add any new insights posted here.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Try the willowisp quest and none xhipspsssssszz also ec easy to get buffzzz
Old 06-24-2019, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
look at this thread as an opportunity for people to read the guide and add any new insights posted here.
The thing is, the guide got all of it's entries exactly that way: people posting this same question ("where should I go to level?") ... over, and over, and over. On average maybe once a month, for at least half a decade.

Have you ever heard:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
It's a myth: Einstein actually never said it. But the point remains true.

People come here wanting magical hunting spots which aren't listed on the guide, because they want to go to the special best unique places that give tons of XP and no one else goes to ... but then they ask in a forum, where they're going to get almost the same exact answers that whoever asked that same question a month ago got.

If you don't believe me, just look through the forum history of these (many, many) threads: the one or two places not mentioned in the guide are never super-cool new spots that were exactly what the OP was looking for (while everything in the guide wasn't). They're usually just one more (average) options that the OP ignores because it's not the magical answer they wanted.

Coming to the forum and saying "I don't want to hunt the same places as everyone else ... so please tell me places you've never told anyone else" just isn't smart in my opinion. Perhaps it's even "the definition of insanity," because you're expecting that doing the same thing repeatedly will get you new results.

And in a way I also see it as selfish: you're asking a whole bunch of strangers to spend their time listing places, when you could just go look at them yourself. This is less of an issue for me, since no one forces anyone to answer ... but still I feel like there's an element of disrespect to it. If you're going to ask for people's time, is it so much to ask that you specify why the wiki isn't helping you, so at least then people can target their answers?

Now don't get me wrong: if you've actually considered all the spots in the guide for your level, and they don't work for you for whatever reason (eg. you're a Wizard and none of the spots for your level are good for Wizards, except one which is always camped), then of course you should come here and ask. I'm only saying it's disrespectful (and only a little) when you waste people's time by making them tell you the exact same places you could have found on your own, in less time, without wasting their's.

But again, if people would rather ask the forum, and get back a small fraction of the answers that are on the wiki (any given thread won't typically have more options than the accumulation of scores of past threads ... ie. the wiki), rather than just going to the wiki in the first place, more power to them. I just think that it's a waste of their time, and that they have unrealistic expectations (that asking in the forum will make everyone shower them with previously never-before-mentioned spots).

... but on the plus side, as you noted fortior, whenever someone asks these questions there's always a chance someone will mention somewhere not on the guide (and with enough details to actually add it to the guide). If they do, that's great for the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by loramin; 06-24-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Old 06-24-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

I'm convinced these are troll accounts and posts created just to get Loramin all riled up. They're all in a similar format:

"Hey, can anyone tell me [piece of information that is in the wiki]? Oh, and [general instructions to thread responders to not provide answer via link to the wiki because... reasons.]

Grinds Loramin's gears every time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-24-2019, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm convinced these are troll accounts and posts created just to get Loramin all riled up. They're all in a similar format:

"Hey, can anyone tell me [piece of information that is in the wiki]? Oh, and [general instructions to thread responders to not provide answer via link to the wiki because... reasons.]

Grinds Loramin's gears every time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 06-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Forum threads with hearsay and mouth-to-mouth dissemination of cool leveling spots are classic, wikis aren't classic.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Is the haunted bathtub in the hole in the guide?

I remember my shaman on live spent some time duoing with a cleric there. Shout out to Thinlegs if you're out there!

This may have been in a post velious revamp though.
Closed Thread