Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Really? I figured there were plenty of proccing options. Crookstinger, Polished Granite Tomahawk, Obsidian Shards, etc
Old 11-14-2019, 03:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t forget to Beg! It adds a decent chunk of aggro too
i dont think thats true. beg fails on nonkos mobs either do nothing or get you some text and agro, which is immediately overwritten by anyone swinging at your target. never seen a success (with text) or fail (with text) during combat, ever
Old 11-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattssu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-40?? That shits lord of the flies with murder hobos just beating orcs, dogs and frogs to death with sticks... that shit dont count

I mean its like 70% of the game. Unless you are talking about raiding in which case, threat generation is irrelevant point when standing around talking in discord about what the strategy is and explaining the fight to afk people for 30 minutes before you go do a 5 minute encounter.

I am probably just not smart
Old 11-14-2019, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? I figured there were plenty of proccing options. Crookstinger, Polished Granite Tomahawk, Obsidian Shards, etc
None of which are game changing procs, like, Bob axe or veno axe, or freeti staff are.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of which are game changing procs, like, Bob axe or veno axe, or freeti staff are.
Veno axe is pretty great at lvl 1 but suck ratio and no aggro component to the DD. It's basically a front-loaded Bloodfire from classic. Same with Dojo axe, straight DD.

That said, the ones the other poster listed more or less are no-aggro or even damage DD. On classic the jump from normal weapons to a Ykesha (or two) was insane mode.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice04 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean its like 70% of the game. Unless you are talking about raiding in which case, threat generation is irrelevant point when standing around talking in discord about what the strategy is and explaining the fight to afk people for 30 minutes before you go do a 5 minute encounter.

I am probably just not smart
Warriors can take a lot more hits than knights can and last time I checked you can’t tank if you’re dead. Only reason you should use aggro spells as a knight when grouped with a warrior is if you’re off tanking an add because of lack of CC and you feel like the healer is bored and wants to attend to a mana sponge or if you’re tanking the main mob and waiting for the warriors taunt to leapfrog the agro caused by your nerdy little light/disease particle effect because the rogue / monk doesn’t know how to feign death or evade properly and you’re compensating for their ignorance by providing the warrior with an aggro boost at the start of the fight.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Knight/ranger standing by warrior tagging pull with aggro spell to a) bring it straight to war and b) give a lead on aggro to protect squishies and c) give aggro for the warrior to piggy back off with taunt. Good team work.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Part of the counterbalance with warriors is unreliable aggro. Warriors soak damage the best but the flip side is unreliable threat vs everyone else having to dial back. On blue (and now green/teal raids) this is cheesed with clicks.

Point is warriors are best at tanking but that benefit is reliant on everyone else being better (casters rooting vs tagging/aggroing and letting war taunt vs waiting to enhance and using FD/evade).
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-12-2019, 07:08 AM
Fire Giant

As above, people can root the mobs so they autoaggro to the warrior (bar rogues etc)

Easy solution to casters over aggroing. Root costs almost nothing to cast.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As above, people can root the mobs so they autoaggro to the warrior (bar rogues etc)

Easy solution to casters over aggroing. Root costs almost nothing to cast.
I just wish over aggroing casters would learn to run the mob to the warrior and cast their root then back up instead of headless chickening making taunt impossible for the next 3 mins.

You've had 20 years to learn to run the aggro back to the tank then root it.
Closed Thread