Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Default Dodge/Parry/Riposte messages?

Hi yall,

I'm new to tank/melee life, and I'm wondering - am I supposed to be able to see specific messages when a dodge, parry, or riposte is successful? I can see the abilities skilling up as I level, and I definitely put a training point into each of them, but I don't see them at all in my chat box. I haven't disabled any filters that I'm aware of... what gives?
Old 11-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi yall,

I'm new to tank/melee life, and I'm wondering - am I supposed to be able to see specific messages when a dodge, parry, or riposte is successful? I can see the abilities skilling up as I level, and I definitely put a training point into each of them, but I don't see them at all in my chat box. I haven't disabled any filters that I'm aware of... what gives?

Are you using abbreviated combat messages by chance? I believe they get truncated down to a simple 'miss' message if so. Otherwise it should be a standard message such as 'A sand giant tries to kick YOU, but YOU dodge!'
Old 11-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Kobold

My warrior never dodges. Skill is increasing in combat but I've never had the message "but you dodge".

Can't tell if dodge is broken or just the text display is missing.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you using abbreviated combat messages by chance? I believe they get truncated down to a simple 'miss' message if so. Otherwise it should be a standard message such as 'A sand giant tries to kick YOU, but YOU dodge!'

This fixed it!!

Set "you being missed" to normal, no abbreviations at all, and now the dodge/parry messages are indeed displaying.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:12 PM
Orc

Glad that got it sorted out for you garfo.

Polixa: what is your skill currently at? Also as with garfo do you have your messages abbreviated?
Old 11-18-2019, 04:51 AM
Kobold

Looks like it worked - I still didn't notice any dodges in game, but I checked my log afterwards and they were happening ok. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This fixed it!!

Set "you being missed" to normal, no abbreviations at all, and now the dodge/parry messages are indeed displaying.
Where? I don't see this in ALT-O Options.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyloop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where? I don't see this in ALT-O Options.
Right-click a chat box header and it’s in the menu that appears under...Hit Modes, I think?
Closed Thread