Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

stopsong will immediately stop your singing of a current song, but there's server lag in between the first and second lines of the macro, and over 4-5 songs worth, it adds up.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Yes, I could see the server lag being an issue, if the /stopsong has to do a full round trip between client and server before the next line of a macro. I was hoping there was some client-side optimization going on. If the server is involved, there might be a delay. But... the same delay should be involved with a double click. TANSTAAFL. So, the question is, is a human being doing a double click faster than a 20 year old piece of software processing a piece of text. I think I have to put my money on the software.

Like I said, with each song hotbarred with a single /stopsong /cast X, I can twist 5 if I am in good form. But, I hate having to use up the hotbar when the spell gems should be available via hotkey. I might have to look at remapping all my hotkeys, say 1-6 for hotbar, and QWERTYUI for spells/songs (I'm left handed). Gotta see what all those are currently bound to (like I for inventory). If I could get both hands fully involved so that barding is like typing, I could really shine, since I have been typing for a living for 35 years.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I could see the server lag being an issue, if the /stopsong has to do a full round trip between client and server before the next line of a macro. I was hoping there was some client-side optimization going on. If the server is involved, there might be a delay. But... the same delay should be involved with a double click. TANSTAAFL. So, the question is, is a human being doing a double click faster than a 20 year old piece of software processing a piece of text. I think I have to put my money on the software.

Like I said, with each song hotbarred with a single /stopsong /cast X, I can twist 5 if I am in good form. But, I hate having to use up the hotbar when the spell gems should be available via hotkey. I might have to look at remapping all my hotkeys, say 1-6 for hotbar, and QWERTYUI for spells/songs (I'm left handed). Gotta see what all those are currently bound to (like I for inventory). If I could get both hands fully involved so that barding is like typing, I could really shine, since I have been typing for a living for 35 years.
Exactly. Two manual keystrokes takes just as long as running a macro, if not longer. And having to use the 6 hotbar slots (which still doesn't satisfy all 8 gems) just to fix a faulty mechanic that everyone changes to begin with doesn't make sense. And "keeping it classic" is a bad excuse. Even though I agree with keeping things as original as possible, but to an extent.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And since there's only 6 action slots (cancer) you're forced to either use that for stopsong macros or double tap and use those slots for instruments (you'll need all 6). I understand and agree with keeping things classic but having only 6 slots (especially since action binds don't work) and having to double tap is beyond stupid so I made a script that allows you to single tap so you can use those slots for instruments. You can get it here with a readme on how to use: Its not technically "allowed" but its not a hack either. And all it does is make a bards life viable.
This is 100% against the rules and you will be banned for it if we catch you. Thanks for admitting it though, makes my job easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. Two manual keystrokes takes just as long as running a macro, if not longer. And having to use the 6 hotbar slots (which still doesn't satisfy all 8 gems) just to fix a faulty mechanic that everyone changes to begin with doesn't make sense. And "keeping it classic" is a bad excuse. Even though I agree with keeping things as original as possible, but to an extent.
Well, I don't want to argue the "Classic vs Efficient" thing. The UI is what it is, so how to use it as best as possible. I am now leaning toward getting rid of song macros to free up the hotbar, but only so long as I am still as efficient at twisting. You have to have a different melody for groups vs solo vs pulling (it seems to me at least), so I could just as easily type a different "word" as I can type a different sequence of macros. It's just the double click is the thing holding me back. But, getting the hotbar back is really important to me, especially if I am going to start switching instruments at higher levels.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is 100% against the rules and you will be banned for it if we catch you. Thanks for admitting it though, makes my job easier.
Mic drop
Old 11-26-2019, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah and I openly talk about using it for multiple reasons such as:

- Banning people for that would be dumb and petty since all it does is fix a bad mechanic that everyone fixes with macros and shouldn't exist to begin with.
- It would also demonstrate how unreasonable and irrational you are.
- Playing a bard without it is cancer.
- I don't need Everquest in my life and getting banned would be a favor since I only play cause its kinda fun and addicting but would be better off without it.
- I already uninstalled anyway.
- If I really cared then I would just keep using it without mentioning it and nothing would happen since its a macro and not a hack and you would never even know. Just like in all the other games i've used scripts in.

But yea go for it Stalin.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Can I have your stuff?
Old 11-26-2019, 03:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
and you would never even know.
Well, if the client stream includes keyboard capture for debugging purposes, it would be very detectable on the server side.

I don't want to get anyone banned, or solve the "EQ UI SUCKS" arguments. I just wanted real input on bard questions.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by korzax
Mic drop
Don't drop expensive microphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if the client stream includes keyboard capture for debugging purposes, it would be very detectable on the server side.

I don't want to get anyone banned, or solve the "EQ UI SUCKS" arguments. I just wanted real input on bard questions.
Detectable yes, but practically speaking they would never know. And that's besides the fact that all it does is allow you to single tap songs without wasting action slots Lol.

If they're already making non-classic changes like linking items then why isn't this one of them? The first thing bards do is create stopsong macros but that's only fine if you have three sets of hotbars.
Last edited by Hazek; 11-26-2019 at 03:32 PM..
Closed Thread