Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

As said before, you really shouldnt listen to someone thats giving you advice that will get you banned, as a GM (in thread) has just stated.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As said before, you really shouldnt listen to someone thats giving you advice that will get you banned, as a GM (in thread) has just stated.
They won't know you're using it. Even though you could get banned. And that's only one part of what I said. The rest is good advice. And everything you said is stupid and wrong as already proven.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:49 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They won't know you're using it. Even though you could get banned. And that's only one part of what I said. The rest is good advice. And everything you said is stupid and wrong as already proven.
You are giving bad advice. Please stop.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

I use /stopsong , /cast macros and it works great for me. Do whatever Works best for YOU. I have no issues swapping instruments mezzing multiple targets twisting songs and charm killing using /stopsong. If you’d rather double tap or roll if it works for you then do that.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

People keep saying you only have 6 hotbar slots - you know you can switch pages with hotkeys as well, right?
Old 11-26-2019, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are giving bad advice. Please stop.
The stuff I said about buying bags early, saving CB belts, vendoring venom sacs, putting some points in CHA, etc, is all good advice.

And the fact is that there is nothing wrong with using a script to single tap songs, besides according to the irrational iron fist. Because its not the same as using AHK to afk farm for example. So good luck with your servers but I hope you'll reflect and be more reasonable in the future for your own sake.

Peace
Old 11-26-2019, 04:34 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the fact is that there is nothing wrong with using a script to single tap songs, besides according to the irrational iron fist. Because its not the same as using AHK to afk farm for example. So good luck with your servers but I hope you'll reflect and be more reasonable in the future for your own sake.

Peace
It does not matter how much you think it impacts or compares to running macros. You don’t get to decide which macro use is acceptable or not. Using macro type scripts to automate functions, gives an unfair advantage. It is also against the rules.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi! As a person who has never even reached cap, much less touched a bard how would I go about playing a bard?
Any helpful low level quests? I plan on going Human. Any gear I should go for? How would I go about making macros and the like?
I'm going to give you some advice that will cause most people on this forum to tear their hair out: Put your starting points into Strength. Do it not for the melee damage boost (Bard melee is underrated, though), but for the ability to carry more than 2 pieces of loot while wearing plate, before you have access to expensive weight-reducing bags.

Most seasoned players will tell you to pump Stamina, but Bards have a mediocre Stamina-to-HP coefficient. Other will tell you to pump Dexterity or Charisma, but I'm not convinced that those stats do what they're supposed to do on this server. If they do, the effect wasn't pronounced enough for me to notice on my max-level Bard. Song fizzles and Lull/Mes/Charm resists were never something I considered to be a problem on my Bard, even when going full retard in melee gear. It's not like a Bard has to worry about using mana for recasts.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does not matter how much you think it impacts or compares to running macros. You don’t get to decide which macro use is acceptable or not. Using macro type scripts to automate functions, gives an unfair advantage. It is also against the rules.
Well I get to decide if I didn't say anything. I just mentioned it cause I was hoping you'd be reasonable. But I should have known from my experience that's usually not the case. Either way i'm done with it. You're the dev so you can rule with an iron fist if you want, I just don't think its good for you or the players. But who cares about my opinion eh. No hard feelings, see ya.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingVR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People keep saying you only have 6 hotbar slots - you know you can switch pages with hotkeys as well, right?
yes, but the problem becomes that you still need to have several hotbar slots setup for songs leaving little to no room for others, no matter which page you are on.

The problem is, other casters get to use their spell gems without resorting to macros, leaving the hotbar available for other things. Bards, having to double click to achieve twisting, resort to using the hotbar as a surrogate for their spell gems. Since we twist 5 or more songs while in combat, that leaves little room for instrument swapping, assist macros, melee hotkey, having Selo available at all times, etc. So, bards lose out on a whole "hot bar" (the spell gems) that other casters get to use as designed.

So, the question is, is /stopsong worth the loss of the hotbar, or does a bard have to become a maestro in the UI, constantly switching hotbars WHILE twisting. Or, does the bard resort to "outside the box" solutions such as scripting, regardless of whether it is "against the rules" or not.

The UI design, even with expanded 8 button hotbars, seems to indicate that twisting was never intended. Later solutions to bring the bard up to a more even playing field with things like "melody" are not classic and not supported on green or any p99 server if I am correct.

So the bard, as is currently expected to be played, is handicapped out of the box. But, I find that endearing and a challenge. Others may not. If you note, it was recently pointed out that during the beta (or early release) of EQ in 1999, it was noticed that bards and enchanters were the least populous class. Whether for lack of understanding their utility, or for difficulty of using the UI, it is unknown. But the way we expect bards to be used today, they are a challenge. But I find that a positive. I get to discover the solutions, and discuss the best ways and alternatives (while staying in the agreed upon rules) to deal with those challenges.

What I really miss out with the bard, is that since I am constantly typing during combat and even during recovery, I don't get to banter in /gs. Makes it a bit harder to socialize within the game. For that, I would make a recovery melody macro, to let me take a break while still twisting heals and regen. But, since everyone chain pulls now....

/sigh
Closed Thread