Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

Default Was F8 not a thing in classic?

Were you not able to cycle through NPCs by pressing F8 in classic? This clicking is impossible.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

F8 did Target Nearest NPC. We have that here. I set mine to Q.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
F8 did Target Nearest NPC. We have that here. I set mine to Q.
Oh ok so it didnt cycle then. I'm having a real hard time with mez because I have to manually click on each mob but they are all overlapping eachother.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. And yes, according to the evidence people have dug up, it didn’t cycle. It is harder, no doubt about it. One thing you can do is move around a bit, then use Target Nearest again. It may give you a different target. Some posters claimed this was one of the skills of an excellent enchanter before Cycle Target NPC.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Yep! It is harder for sure, especially when reverse charming a room.

Adapt and overcome!
Old 12-01-2019, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

I must confess it has been quite a ride , considering I am the kind of guy that not only used cycle a lot but fills my hotbar with macros, only 6 hotbuttons is rough as well, but you get used to the challenge.

I am more or less comfortable enough with target closest but I can get where you coming from

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-01-2019, 02:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. And yes, according to the evidence people have dug up, it didn’t cycle. It is harder, no doubt about it. One thing you can do is move around a bit, then use Target Nearest again. It may give you a different target. Some posters claimed this was one of the skills of an excellent enchanter before Cycle Target NPC.
The real problem is mouse targeting here is terrible. I don't remember having nearly as hard a time back in the day on live. Hell sometimes I have a hard time clicking a single corpse here with no other corpses anywhere near it. You put two mobs anywhere near each other and you are only ever going to click one of them. So yeah it used to be hard to lock down a train with mez but it wasn't nearly this hard.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Hm. I've noticed I can't right-click mobs except at close range. I wonder if that's connected.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Kobold

There was a WoW private server (can't remember which one) that made it so mobs fanned out after they got to you even thought that wasn't 'blizzlike' mob behavior. It would be neat if the P99 devs did something like that because it looked a lot better than having a bunch of mobs clipping into each other and it made targeting a lot easier.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Use AoE mez or get good - as a bard I have no issue targeting more than 2 mobs to mez, trick as above poster stated is to position yourself to make target nearest in your favor. Also you can cycle last target for easy swaps if it’s just two
Closed Thread