Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Default Monk ability to solo on Green / Teal?

I know when Monk has good items like Fungi Tunic and T Staff etc. it can solo level pretty well; but how about a fresh, ungeared Human Monk? How well can they solo level?

I've read about combat bind wound, so of course if someone uses that to their advantage it'll help a bit, but, by how much? Would they be able to consistently kill blue mobs? Using just bandages and fists?

Anyone have experience with ungeared Human Monk? What was it like?
Old 11-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think combat bind wound works anymore, at least on blue, not sure on green.

I don't have experienced with an ungeared, human monk. But I'm guessing that if you kill the lowest blue cons you can find and mind your weight AC penalty and use a lot of bandaids, it is about like a cleric solo. I.e. it works but it isn't great.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think combat bind wound works anymore, at least on blue, not sure on green.
I talked to a higher up monk last night and asked this specific question. They said it does in fact work on green.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

I need to test CBW. I just can’t afford a lot of bandages yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It’s certainly more of a harsh struggle to solo an ungeared monk, as I’m experiencing...really enjoying it though
Old 11-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Duo with a bard once they hit lvl 20 they can give you haste, a fungi and slow mobs for you, flop the last 25% of the fight on them and they’ll regen it up before next mob gets low. Non stop killins great xp for both!
Old 11-08-2019, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

Soloing a Monk with no haste, weapons, or regen would be very painful
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-10-2019, 07:35 PM
Aviak

My monk is 21 atm, can confirm combat bind works. Can also confirm soloing is pretty tough. I'm usually a bit overweight so 20 ac or so from max with full cured silk/other various items. Many fights against high blues I cannot win, even with combat bind. As skill goes up it might make more of a difference but hasn't been the difference maker in as many fights as I'd like so far. Bind wound is only around 70 atm.

My advice is make friends with one of the many shaman around and duo.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:41 AM
Aviak

just hit 31 - combat bind makes all the difference in the world.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:27 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix

Bind Wound Macro.. (It's been a while since I've played but I think this is it)

/attack off
/target yourself
/doability 3
/target a
/attack

For what it's worth, I started p99 like YEARS and YEARS ago and my main is a monk.. I pretty much leveled him to 58 (currently) and I have zero fungi tunic's or t-staff's.. I do however have a growth bp for healing myself past the bind wound limit.. otherwise king is a pussy and never shows his face when I'm in seb.. also I never used that sneak pulling bullshit, never needed to really.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:33 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix

Also.. the bind wound macro wasn't ever nerfed I don't think.. its not exactly cheating or exploiting or anything its just using normal game mechanics, you cant move while doing it, its a pain in the ass and I think it fucks with your dps (I cannot be sure on this) and for me is preferable to just max intimidation and chase shit around like a maniac.. but I'm also a nut so idk
Closed Thread