Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 05:12 AM
Kobold

Default Bone chips and other quests

Hello im looking go level an alt and I was hoping to whiz through the lower levels.

I've hear there are a few quests to do this but only one zone of bone chips still works. Which one is it?

After I get to level 5 or 6 I plan to quest again this time either with crushbone belts or gnoll fangs which gives better experience?

once I'm level 11 or 12 I don't know any other questions. Do you guys have suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2019, 02:07 AM
Kobold

Only bone chips turn in for exp I'm aware of is the one for the cleric guild in Felwithe, but I'm not sure if it's open to non-clerics. You go to the guild master and hand him 4 chips, one in each slot. It was giving me about a third of a bubble at level 5. If you have the money to buy some stacks of chips, AND it's open to non-clerics, AND it's continually repeatable, you could definitely spin through a couple levels at least.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello im looking go level an alt and I was hoping to whiz through the lower levels.

I've hear there are a few quests to do this but only one zone of bone chips still works. Which one is it?

After I get to level 5 or 6 I plan to quest again this time either with crushbone belts or gnoll fangs which gives better experience?

once I'm level 11 or 12 I don't know any other questions. Do you guys have suggestions?

Thanks!
Gnoll fangs are nodrop, so you'll have to go farm them yourself as opposed to buying belts. Maybe highpass gnoll/orc scalps in the teens if you got plat burning a hole in your pocket.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnoll fangs are nodrop, so you'll have to go farm them yourself as opposed to buying belts. Maybe highpass gnoll/orc scalps in the teens if you got plat burning a hole in your pocket.
Both highpass quests are nerfed heavily and offer no visible exp gain in the late teens when I tried them.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only bone chip quest that was still decent for breezing through lower levels was Kaladim. That quest was nerfed when Green came out. (It still might take you to lvl 4 or 5, but it will no longer take you straight to 11 or 12.)

At 5 or 6, you're best bet (if you can afford it) is left goblin ears in Highkeep. They're not great at higher levels, but they can take you to 16 or so pretty quickly.
Dialectica Logicae - Gnome Wizard
Tuminy Altz - Halfling Druid
Tipsey McStaggers - Ogre Shaman
Medikku Saishi - Koada'Dal Cleric
Lavander Gooms - Teir'Dal Cleric
Old 12-10-2019, 02:46 PM
Large Rat

Bone chips at the dwarf paladin guild is the best IMO. The area just outside of kaladim is filled to the absolute freakin' brim with skeletons and goblin whelps will attack you too, it's great earlygame money farming and the chip quest gives decent exp till 5, surprising amounts of money (0.5-2 gold per) and usually an item that vendors for around 2 more gold, plus gets you real chummy with the dwarves. Considering my faction was high enough to do it as a half-elf Veeshan-following bard I'd say anything starting in Faydwer could do it save a gnome necro.

What's even more convenient is you can graduate at level 5 directly from this quest to crushbone belts which are also not that far away and turn in closer to the entrance to kaladim at the warrior guild, absolutely excellent lowbie exp and money till 10+ then the legionnaire shoulderpads can take you a bit further than that even still so you can group in crushbone profitably for as long as possible before graduating to Unrest (or wherever you go).

I don't usually do spammable quests much after that point but two more good ones to consider are orc scalps at Highpass in your late teens / early 20s, then goblin ears in highkeep up to ~25-30 as the very highest profitably spammable quest like that I know of.

For all these quests, you can choose to sell the items for other players for big bucks, they're all always hot items, if you need more gold, or just turn them in yourself if you want to level faster and still get a decent pocket of coin from the quests themselves. By gobbie ears though I tend to err on the side of selling them, as the exp is fairly low and by that level you're gonna be pining for money for gear and spells.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipoki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bone chips at the dwarf paladin guild is the best IMO. The area just outside of kaladim is filled to the absolute freakin' brim with skeletons and goblin whelps will attack you too, it's great earlygame money farming and the chip quest gives decent exp till 5, surprising amounts of money (0.5-2 gold per) and usually an item that vendors for around 2 more gold, plus gets you real chummy with the dwarves.
I found the XP in the felwithe (bone chip turnin) to be better, but not as much money, and no armor. You get a cleric spell if that's your thing.

For about 10 stacks turnin (what I gathered from level 2 to 4 in kaladim newb zone, killing ONLY skels, and whatever whelps attacked), I got from just-dinged-4 to just barely into 6, so it helps.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Unless they changed it in the recent patch (highly doubt) scalp turn in at highhold pass doesn't give you shit for exp. They nerfed it straight into the hecking ground. I'm your late teens you won't even see your xp bar move.

Crushbone belts were decent additional xp, but people are saying they nerfed the xp gain in the recent patch.
Last edited by TripSin; 12-16-2019 at 05:22 PM..
Old 12-18-2019, 06:25 PM
Large Rat

Unless there was a patch within the last week it's still phenomenal actually. Levels 1-5 bone chips are solid (less closer to 5 but still plenty enough to be worth the time to bother doing) and 5-10 cb belts are ridiculous as ever. Like one turn-in at those levels is a yellow, at least at the lower end and still notable at the higher end, then you can start selling em for plat easy. There's a reason they sell so much, so fast too.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Bone chips and cb belts were mega exp in live. I kinda get why they nerfed them here to keep it from being the only way to level quick, but now that the race to 50 is over maybe they can make the game classic again.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread