Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Banned

I'd prefer the level 60 warrior over others. There's enough snap aggro items out there now. Get on buying those forlorn totems of rolfron zek.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

As an SK main I can say warrior does pretty much everything better. I solo alot though and I need to afk alot so having FD allows me to play the game. SK have an xp penalty on green for a while so keep that in mind as it causes some issues with elitist players.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

I strongly disagree on that part. Warrior are definitely the main tank for most raid mobs, past kunark dragons as disc is huge... But sk do pretty much better in agro generation, pulling, splitting and soloing than a warrior will ever do, and that's without burning lots on clickies.
Warrior are definitely better hard target tanks, and are higher dps for sure, but these two are not automatically the most important point for a single group MT.

Edit:. Missed that it was for endgame... Then yes, warrior...
Non disc tanks are pretty much limited to hot, kunark dragons, lesser velious targets...
Last edited by elwing; 11-20-2019 at 12:13 AM..
Old 11-20-2019, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

SKs are a blast. They can pull like a monk(arguably better because you have access to 3 different FDs in velious), do decent dps after the final patch, and get access to some cool ass spells including snap aggro. Right now on blue is the most ideal time to roll a SK.

If you feel compelled to tank big raid mobs, then go warrior. Otherwise, just enjoy the journey being a superior leveling tank(SK) with a ridiculous amount of utility.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

My main is a warrior but if I’m honest I’d rather see a well geared knight MT in places like halls of testing where rubbish hits plenty hard but snap aggro reigns supreme. Warriors are super durable but threat generation isn’t what it used to be before the proc nerf patch. Prior to patch it was clenching my ass cheeks waiting for my first infestation or WESS proc but knowing with certainty I wouldn’t lose aggro once the first landed unless someone was doing something REALLY stupid. That’s not the case anymore.

My warrior is more durable but my knight is more enjoyable to play in situations like that. Mobs die faster and less total mana is spent on healing despite him having close to a thousand fewer hit points.

SKs and Paladins are extremely viable at every level of play other than standing in front of content that needs defensive. They are more than tanky enough for all other content and have snap aggro to boot. Following the two-hand change they even put up respectable numbers with shiney endgame 2handers. We had a tunare 2h paladin (Cassimir) hovering in the mid 80s for sustained dps on velious content a few nights ago. While below warrior dps potential that patch elevated the dps-potential bar for tanks by a lot.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-20-2019, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've raided on Sk/Pal from Classic->Velious. They can definitely handle 6 man content, even better than the warriors.

SK's can pull if they are just plain better players than the monk, but why didn't I just roll a monk?
Paladin's can heal group members when they get hit by AOE's, but why didn't I just roll a cleric?

If you really want to tank on raids, roll a warrior.

Edit: Just noticed Tenlaar's post above me. He might be right, I just never seen or heard of SK/Pal tanking on raids unless they were extremely overgeared.
Sks have much better toolkit for pulling than monks lol
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sks have much better toolkit for pulling than monks lol
Agreed. Shadowknights are much more versatile pullers. With patience they don't even need a tagger. However, for constant, endless chain pulls, monks can be better - they don't need to med.

Shadowknights are absolutely viable. They're inefficient soloers, though.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. Shadowknights are much more versatile pullers. With patience they don't even need a tagger. However, for constant, endless chain pulls, monks can be better - they don't need to med.

Shadowknights are absolutely viable. They're inefficient soloers, though.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Blood_Ember_Greaves

https://wiki.project1999.com/Blood_Ember_Gauntlets

Non-iksar SKs can pull all day.
Closed Thread