Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_lee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently, yes. But we've also seen instances where a smaller force is able to beat a larger force and take the mob. We should be finding ways to create that kind of competition rather than encouraging a zerg.

Sadly, one of the biggest factors encouraging zerg tactics right now is the lack of teams. In a system where there are no enforced teams, it makes sense for the most geared players to all join the same guild and take whatever they want. If we had factions, and different factions couldn't group up, then the zerg tactics would be less common. They would still happen, as one faction always seems to get in the lead, they just wouldn't happen as much.

One positive thing about this community is that people contest zergs at all. I never thought I would see that happen here due to the rules encouraging zergs. I've been very impressed with some of the things I've seen and participated in.
i think that happened once in 4 years so no, zerging wins the loot

soe solved that problem easily

with instances

ikkinz, inkukta and tacvi were the first, but every game followed after because instances ROCK.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Too many bluebies want to farm yellow text on this server. It's why R99 is the most blue PVP server I've ever played.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think that happened once in 4 years so no, zerging wins the loot

soe solved that problem easily

with instances

ikkinz, inkukta and tacvi were the first, but every game followed after because instances ROCK.
Plane of Time was the first. Instances were and always will be terrible in EQ. It works in some other games but they are developed much differently and do not have the same fundamental social aspect requirement early EQ did. Apples to Avocados imo.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

i agree, any pvp under lvl 50 should not show up in YT announcement, stunts the player base.

you have lvl 30's with fungis who have lvl 60 mains who know how to play the game hunting down new players that are lvl 30 without mercy.

server would have 200+ more people on it if there was no YT/incentive.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:59 PM
Banned

YT is pointless and plug rates jumped immensely immediately after it was implemented
Old 07-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Banned

well technically Empire was outnumbered during like 2 out of 3 of our major battles with GG, but we did have a rather large force of folks that had multiple 60s at our disposal.. though there were some good plaeyrs on the GG side of things... so a lot of alt 60s there too..

The EJ no zoneline fight we had, what were the numbers? I know one side outnumbered the other by quite a few, and I know the smaller force was empire, but I dont remember if it was 10-15 or if it was like by like 30...

of course there is a lot of stuff that goes into that but to be honest, the seal team six squad in empire p much can chew through large numbers very efficiently, as long as that squad is in effect, zerg wont be the only thing that can stop empire, gonna take more than just that.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

<TMO> is developing their own Delta Force to counter so it's cool.

On the thread: A LOT of us campaigned against YT implementation. The server would be better off without it, IMHO.

BUT, there are a large number of players that enjoy YT...so raining on their parade isn't cool, either. It was implemented for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't know who you are, don't care, you seem new.

YT on a pvp server is crucial no matter how you look at it. Whether its for gloat factor or pvp awareness. It has done more positive to the server than any negative. On a more important note it alerts the community where the pvp is taking place, so it encourages pvp.

This is a 15+ year old game. The majority of this player base is age 20-36+. If you cant handle a public outing of a pvp death, well simply put, this server is not for you. There is a blue option for people like you.
Yeah no YT in eve online only shows how much of a bunch of bluebies eve players are, after sticking with a game with no YT for that long!

Andis youre so stupid and self-centered sometimes, its almost cute

Almost

Just fucking unable to envision things that are good for the server, you only care about your lulz, your ego and your loot, like your pal lite which is why he failed badly at leading and why you didnt want xp loss in pvp removed. Even Nizzar with all his RMT shit was wise enough to understand that loot had to trickle downwards a bit or else the whole thing collapses. Since you probably fail to understand what im getting at, im going to spoonfeed it to you. You need a playerbase to have your lulz. No playerbase, no lulz.

Andis is one of the few you can reliably count on to support bad rulesets because it benefits him in some short-sighted way and that as a dev, over the years, i would have learned ignoring his opinion on stuff from the get-go.

INB4 eve has kill logs
Last edited by Tradesonred; 07-15-2015 at 10:51 PM..
Old 07-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Banned

A big reason alot more people probably didn't argue against YT is because we hadn't played on a server that had it before.

Sounded fun but i didn't realize it would make a majority of people insta camp out or insta plug from people that they don't think they can easily kill.

The last time I was immersed and playing alot about 70% of the people that weren't guilded with me would just insta camp or gate when I zoned in, shit was not fun.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A big reason alot more people probably didn't argue against YT is because we hadn't played on a server that had it before.

Sounded fun but i didn't realize it would make a majority of people insta camp out or insta plug from people that they don't think they can easily kill.

The last time I was immersed and playing alot about 70% of the people that weren't guilded with me would just insta camp or gate when I zoned in, shit was not fun.
Prolly cuz you played during an era where MR was broken and enchanters could destroy anyone with a tash