Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-18-2023, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apologies, I think I had a decimal place off: that should be 0.3%, not 0.03%.

Still, it's a tiny fraction, and again I'd guess that at least 0.3% of the US Army harbors white supremacist views. I couldn't find any official numbers (I wouldn't expect the army to publish anything like that), but a survey from the military times (https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...e-duty-troops/) found:

... so I don't think 0.3% is much of a stretch.
Fascists here are fundamentally uninterested in facts, debate, and sharing perspectives. But they sure like to cry victim and gleefully cheer on the destruction of a country.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-18-2023, 01:27 PM
Banned

Exclamation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2023, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Speak common pls I only have 45/200 in Memespeak.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-18-2023, 01:58 PM
Banned

Who gives a shit what anyone in the military thinks about anything? Are they good at their job or not, that's literally all that matters. Even if every single service member was a white supremacist (lol), or even full-blown trans for that matter (probably more of them honestly), I don't give a shit as long as they do their job and defend the nation, and I'll continue to respect them for volunteering to do it so that I don't have to.
Old 05-18-2023, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Sensible position.

Who the fuck was talking about tranny gunnery mates? Is this like some Tom of Sweden thing?
Old 05-18-2023, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fascists here are fundamentally uninterested in facts, debate, and sharing perspectives. But they sure like to cry victim and gleefully cheer on the destruction of a country.
Never believe that antisemites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert.
Old 05-18-2023, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jsyk The Russian Zeitgeist of what makes a Nazi is very different to that of the Western world. Calling Ukrainians Nazi may make sense from a Russian perspective, but it doesn’t translate to a Eurocentric/New World definition.
Ukraine forms eight new ‘storm’ brigades
Old 05-18-2023, 08:05 PM
Banned

I like how virtually no one gives a shit Chortles is back already.
Old 05-18-2023, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diziet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never believe that antisemites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert.
Email scammers insert strategic grammatical and spelling errors to zero in on their targets. You want people who think they are smart because they know that "Greetings" is not spelled "Grettings" but they are simple enough they are the smart ones, and many in their family make similar errors.

Once you have your mark thinking you are like their beloved but simpler kin, you got them. It is an extremely lucrative system, brilliant device. You look for the cream of the crop out in duymbville, who have had to learned to be easy on dumb people.

My point is, there are known tactics on how to manipulate people. And games of certain sorts are common teae stages of the online recruitment efforts by far right enthusiasts. It's what forums are *for* to them.
Old 05-18-2023, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the Boeing EA-18J is known as "Growler."

By your logic, that means it should contain beer.