Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you even bother to read the original post? I'm sure he's very rich.. he's only 1k shy of buying a fbss.
Then why don't you take some of your vast wealth on here and buy him a T Staff since you seem to know everything. Like using a bare fist at level 30 pfhh.
Last edited by webrunner5; 08-12-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Old 08-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ratio means nothing in off hand
Some peoples' kids.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a Wu's Trance Stick, a Knuckle Duster, and a Quivering Staff. And no haste yet!

I was wondering if I should try to ditch the two 1h weapons and just keep my 2h or the other way around, It's mostly about if I should keep the Knuckle Duster or sell it, because I'm trying to afford other things like Jboots, an FBSS, or some Weight Reduction bags, About 1000pp away from getting my Jboots MQ, which is about what a Knuckle Duster is worth.
If I were you, I'd sell the KD and trance stick, wield the quivering staff all the time, and buy a fbss asap.

Jboots are great, but you can always get by moving a bit more slowly (it's not like you're a quad-kiting wizard and the jboots are truly an essential piece of your leveling, after all); you can buy a few sow pots too and use them just when travelling or if you're pulling in a no-sow group or something, and they should last you until you get the pp together for jboots. Really though, another 10 or so levels and I think you'd be able to camp your own jboots in sro.

WR bags are great, but the only ones that have significant % reduction AND are not heavy in and of themselves are very expensive (tink bag, dragon bags, etc, 5k+ each). Look for the .4 weight, low reduction (25%) bags like travelers and shralok and whatnot, and use those for your shurikens and bandages and whatnot. You will be better off on weight by leaving your extra weps behind and just using wu's, and being a little overweight is just something you'll need to be used to anyway cause it's very, very difficult to stay underweight for ANY monk until 55+ unless you're wielding gimpy, low-weight weapons and running around half-naked or in nothing but cured silk or something.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Thanks for the advice guys, after more testing and switching between my 2h and 1h set, i certainly like my 2h more, it's too bad it's so heavy, but I think I will indeed try to sell my 1h weapons, I picked up a couple weight reduction bags too, I farmed a Shralok Pack, and I was given the one that is 1.0 weight 100% reduction SMALL only for my food/bandages/shurikens. And I think I will save up for an FBSS first off before my Jboots, I don't mind spending hours camping stuff (like my Shralok Pack) So maybe I'll be able to get both relatively soon. I learned how Haste works too and I've been doing the math to see ratios of all the different popular 2h monk weapons, I think I will try to stick with 2h, and just level my 1hb and h2h shortly every few levels to keep all my skills up. Anyone have an FBSS to sell? I would rather buy it from someone who is trying to be helpful on the forums than a random person in EC, I should have enough once I move this KD.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why don't you take some of your vast wealth on here and buy him a T Staff since you seem to know everything. Like using a bare fist at level 30 pfhh.
Again, you should probably reread a few times before remarking as you seem to comprehend very little. If I only had an ac and jm I would main hand the ac and off hand bare fist and sell the jm. If money wasn't an issue i'd go ac/sos and tstaff. I can explain in further detail if youre still having trouble understanding. Peace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

btw i would do exactly what tecmo suggested in the above post.
Last edited by Enzo13; 08-12-2012 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Old 08-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Well, I forgot that I was in a Dalnir raid when the server crashed last night, floor 3 ;-; guess i'll sit on my bank alt for a bit lol, anyone know how I would resolve that situation? x.x

(Edit: Nevermind I've got a guildy coming to clear out floor 3 for me so I can make a break for it)

Last edited by Taiku; 08-12-2012 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Try farming yourself a Lionhide Backpack from SK (0.4 weight, 8 large slots, 35% WR, non-lore). Easy to get, and the mob that drops it also drops the Ring of Shadows (3 instant clicks of Invis, very handy).
Old 08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Ratio means nothing in off hand
Why do you say that?
Last edited by Arrisard; 08-12-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 08-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try farming yourself a Lionhide Backpack from SK (0.4 weight, 8 large slots, 35% WR, non-lore). Easy to get, and the mob that drops it also drops the Ring of Shadows (3 instant clicks of Invis, very handy).
oo.. I'll check that out, can I do that at level 30?

Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oo.. I'll check that out, can I do that at level 30?
I think so, yes - he's a level 25 SK.
Closed Thread