Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

iksar are great warriors. Best AC, amazing regen, at 55+ your regen is basically a fungi tunic
Old 09-19-2018, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just play the Iksar, it's what you want. You know you'll regret it if you don't.
Truth... Thats the answer anyone starts questioning their racial/class choices based on a min/max option. If you are questioning it at all then that means you are likely the type of person who wants to get the most out of what your playing. Or, to be the "best" in your own opinion.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:10 PM
Orc

I really wanted to do this for my new alt, but just couldn’t pull the trigger. A few factors influences me to choose a different race:

1) Cabilis is such a pain in the ass for a newbie. Getting back and forth to train is stupid.
2) Being hated everywhere sucks
3) I’ve done many Iksar alts before but have never done an Erudite
4) The swing animations look stupid, and Iksars in general look very similar to one another
5) No plate = no clicky armor.

At the character creation screen I went with Erudite which just felt right, as well as offering me an entirely new play experience. I’m now happily leveling up in The Warrens and have full access to Antonica.

Do like I did and listen to your gut. YOU have to play the character for hundreds of hours.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones1979 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do like I did and listen to your gut. YOU have to play the character for hundreds of hours.
Not completely true. You could play for hundreds of seconds, then /delete because you made a terrible mistake.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

If you're planning on getting a Greenmist, plate armor shouldn't concern you. You'll end up in Velious plate gear eventually, so the only pain is while leveling. Dreadscale will last you until the late 40s where you can start factioning and farming/buying velious plate.

Everyone else is on the money, you have to play what you enjoy looking at and Iksar master race is the only right choice what feels right to you. Gear is temporary so don't get hung up on it. Except for 2hs animations.. if you wind up going for Inny's Curse, make sure you use the animation fix.
Last edited by Crawdad; 10-12-2018 at 12:33 PM..
Old 11-27-2018, 06:25 PM
Banned

Greenmist isnt coming out
Old 12-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

Pick that Iksar my dude. That AC bonus is dope, regan is nice, and you look sick wearing that SS or Kael armor later on. Greenmist will be nice for sure but not really a dealbreaker, the true underrated thing is forage! Or wait, maybe it’s just looking pimp for being iksar master race, dunno anymore lost my train of thought. Choose Iksar baby woohoooo!
Old 12-20-2018, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greenmist isnt coming out
Why not? It's in p99 timeline... Wouldn't count on it too soon through...
Old 12-21-2018, 12:55 AM
Banned

No clicky armor? cant iksars use velious armor quests?
Old 12-21-2018, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No clicky armor? cant iksars use velious armor quests?
None of the blood ember armor. That said, few of the pieces are exactly class-making/breaking.

That said, I still see a ton of Iksar shaman and the JBB is arguably OP. As a levelling tool 45-mid 50’s at least.
Closed Thread