Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Personally not excited they are splitting the community.

Was fun to see obscure zones crowded while it lasted though! Very neat to see people in Kerra and Lake Rathe.

A shame but it is what it is. Thanks for the great work to make this all possible!
Old 11-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, you see, the merge is the problem they have with the whole thing. Please do not be fooled into thinking the agenda is anything different.

it's difficult to deny pixels to others if the others are temporarily protected from neckbeardery on an entirely different server where they can't be neckbearded.

The neckbeards must now meet clandestinely in their mountaintop lair that is modeled after a mom's basement but 10x the scale, and strategize how to best divvy up their elite unemployed forces across both servers to most efficiently deny pixels to others. It's a lot of extra work that has been created for them. Please show them some sympathy in their time of despair.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] this made me literally LOL, so true!!!
Old 11-02-2019, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Praise Jah! Take a deep breath nerds, by the time it actually gets competitive on raid scene the servers will be merged. This will just allow easier leveling, which is much needed. Dumb to only have 3 hours a night to play (only in peak hours), and then spend all your time searching for some sort of experience. Just be excited that there are that many folks ready to play this 20 year old game. Awesome work ! thanks!
Old 11-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

I dont know why some of you all believe that a second server is going to fix the raid scene. It only takes, what, 20-50 people to lock down classic content. It was the same shit on Blue with even fewer players than Green and Teal will have. Stop trying to convince yourself this is going to fix raiding. It's going to be great for a select few, and non-existent for the rest of us.

The server split is just going to allow for you to have more mobs to slay while you level your alts. Not so you have a better chance at raid content. You're gonna have to join the one guild that locks everything down.

Gonna need to implement raid lists, rofl. What a mess.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like literally how does my opinion on a forum affect you so much you decided to directly confront me about it in a post? That says more about you. They say the things that make you the most mad are the most true, and jeez how clear it is how mad I've made people by sharing my opinion. Yikes. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, I think you’ve misinterpreted my reasoning for “confronting” you. I wasn’t as interested in having a snotty back and forth with you, as I was trying to give you an opportunity to realize a second server isn’t going to ruin your pixel quest. Though, I am actually genuinely entertained by your lack of self awareness as to why other players - probably often - want as much distance from this behavior as possible . The need for a second server has nothing to do with the number of people on the server, but everything to do with how a select few of act.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

"Hes got an Ipod mini"
"What color?"
"Teal!"
"THATS THE BEST ONE"
Old 11-02-2019, 01:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally not excited they are splitting the community.

Was fun to see obscure zones crowded while it lasted though! Very neat to see people in Kerra and Lake Rathe.

A shame but it is what it is. Thanks for the great work to make this all possible!
It's fun to run around in circles for hours trying to find a random snake or bat to kill just to have someone chasing after you that they were camping that spawn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi,

As you can see, I used a direct quotation to point out the hypocrisy contained within the quoted segment. The quotation allows readers to understand the nature of the reply without having to read back, which I understand is why the polite society placed this convention. Also, and this applies mostly to myself, people I respond to are so frequently destroyed by facts and logic that they delete their initial incoherent mess and now no one knows where my brilliance is directed, which is a disservice to the community. I only explain this because of your previous concerns regarding your words and where they appear.

Your reply, if any, might contain questions about my motivation. Allow me to preempt that. My motivations are pure: I like to cause trouble.
Lolol so “confrontational”. Here I am just using the quotes because it’s the only way I know to directly reply to someone on a thread without sending a private message.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Kobold

So then are they being merged when Kunark launches are they both staying split until they get dumped onto blue?

I'm not thrilled about the pop split. People will play less over time, and regardless of the split important camps will always be camped, so the saturation only effects exp, which isn't hard to get. Camps with 1 or 2 mobs were common even in classic, so this seems beneficial explicitly to people who refuse to either move camp or solo/play a different character/play a different game/do something else when they can't get a camp.

Population splits have other effects beyond farming exp and pixels as well, especially in a closed environment. Consider WoW classic. It had tons of servers, but most streamers and their fans dogpiled onto Faerlina, resulting in the server becoming dogshit. So much so that it had massive queues and crashing, plus it's super-saturated with far more than normal. Doing this on p99 will have unforeseeable results in regards to guilds and the population. It's not just player_001 deciding to switch, it's an entire guild, their friends, their friends, their friends, their guilds, their guilds, their guilds. Or refuse to, and lose their friends.

It's impossible to balance, more like just hoping for the best. All because someone couldn't wait to get that sweet sweet orc 1 camp. I don't think it's the best choice. Surely some sort of list system for camps (as opposed to handing it off to friends/guildmates) would be preferable? Although it's easy to just say it I guess, I can't code it for you.

Hopefully it all works out. I've played a lot of MMOs and there is nothing worse than playing on a dead server. The only people who would enjoy that are pixel farmers, and no one cares about them.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know why some of you all believe that a second server is going to fix the raid scene. It only takes, what, 20-50 people to lock down classic content. It was the same shit on Blue with even fewer players than Green and Teal will have. Stop trying to convince yourself this is going to fix raiding. It's going to be great for a select few, and non-existent for the rest of us.

The server split is just going to allow for you to have more mobs to slay while you level your alts. Not so you have a better chance at raid content. You're gonna have to join the one guild that locks everything down.

Gonna need to implement raid lists, rofl. What a mess.
EQ Raiding at it's core has always been flawed. The only somewhat workable solution is to ease bottlenecks. The current bottleneck forming on Green would have been epic beyond anything anyone has ever seen in EQ.

I think the Devs are calculating all of the raid petitioning they are going to have to deal with if they don't do something now. I would even be in favor of trashing Red and creating a third Classic Box. Red is a total waste of precious resources right now that could be used to spread out the population even more. Ideally 600-700 per server would be optimal.

I don't put anything past the neckbeards with Aspergers. They will constantly push everything to the limit because their autistic "accomplishments" will always be rooted within an ego that cannot be fed by the Reality. I'm sure a few will roll out 50s on both servers, but that's a lot of work and they will be doubling up their competition and time investment.
Closed Thread