Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Default Mental acrobats II: most frequent "points of damage inflicted"

As I found pleasure in following the discussion in my last thread regarding the most often cast spell. As I've seen many people contribute logs to the discussion, perhaps we can shed some light on a similarly important matter:

Looking and players and NPCs alike: What is the most frequent damage done to players or NPCs across the server in a single hit?

For example, Sergeant slate hits any newbie he sees for max damage of 118, so 118 could be one guess.
Another one could be 20 or 28, as this is the damage cap (1h/2h) of any twink up to a certain level iirc?
Or is it 1 damage due to mobs hitting high AC players?

What are your guesses on this?
Old 02-04-2020, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

That's a lot harder one than most frequently cast spell, imo.

To NPCs I'm going to guess 1 because many, many characters can hit for that, some NPCs have damage reduction from super high AC or something that causes very small hits, spells can partially resist down to 1, slam always hits for 1, offhand swings will more frequently hit that low without a damage bonus, etc. Also disease cloud ticks for 1 if we're counting dot damage.

To players I really have no clue because of how mob damage/kicks/bashes all scale and damage interval is in play. For the sake of throwing some guess out though, I'd guess something along the lines of 8, 10, 12, even maybe 20? Low-level mobs can max that hard, mid- and even high-level mobs can get minimum hits that low, lots of bashes and kicks can hit for those amounts, etc. I don't think it will be 1 because many mobs cannot even hit that low (it's hard to find reading material on damage bonus+damage interval for NPC melee damage calculations, https://wiki.project1999.com/Sakurag...de#Disciplines or threads about when warriors should use evasive or defensive get into it some (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...3&postcount=15), but suffice it to say that mobs above a certain level are incapable of hitting as low as 1 damage), and the mobs that can hit that low are usually going to miss higher-level players they're swinging at anyway.

edit - in my shaman's logs of levels 1-49, the lowest level monster to hit me for only 1 damage was a wisp.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-04-2020 at 09:26 AM..
Old 02-04-2020, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also disease cloud ticks for 1 if we're counting dot damage.
I think we should definitely count in spell damage. I feel some low level, often cast dot damage might be a good guess, as dot damage can't be partially resisted, can it?

Ah btw: I think the dmg cannibalize does to a Shaman should not be counted here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2020, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

I'm going to guess the 1h bonus whatever that is at max level (11 maybe?)
Closed Thread