Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Encouraging all to throw back any good names they got, but probably will never use. I snagged a few just to see if I could get them but did end up deleting them. Let's try to make a great community on Green by paying it forward.

Oh and P.S. I'm a lore appropriate kind of guy and would never use Slowpoke as a toon name, so congrats Wenai. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll delete names I don't have any real intentions of using after I settle on which 2-3 I'll actually use.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm no longer on a name violation crusade. for the record.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2019, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTB the name "Sentinel."

Name your price in bloomin onions or blue assets or green powerlevels.
In light of staff policy, I just want to make clear that I'm not trying to "name trade" so much as "get a hint about a name I want and if it might be a good time to try to claim it for myself" from a good friend of mine who I always enjoy powerleveling and helping with plat and gear and camaraderie.

Your friend,

Tecmos the future Sentinel
Old 10-19-2019, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In light of staff policy, I just want to make clear that I'm not trying to "name trade" so much as "get a hint about a name I want and if it might be a good time to try to claim it for myself" from a good friend of mine who I always enjoy powerleveling and helping with plat and gear and camaraderie.

Your friend,

Tecmos the future Sentinel
Tecmos looking to get banned again? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-19-2019, 03:24 PM
Orc

This idea of name trading being against rules doesn't make much sense. Why would GM's even care? How would they enforce it? What's the harm in it? Banning account trading made more sense because it was an RMT cesspool. Level 1 toons being deleted and freeing up a name is ridiculously benign in comparison. The chances of someone RMTing a name seem pretty remote to me, and a threat of ban isn't really going to stop someone determined to do it that anyway since RMT is already against the rules.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was pretty baffled when they shut down my thread, but eh, there might be a reason. Who knows.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larethan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This idea of name trading being against rules doesn't make much sense. Why would GM's even care? How would they enforce it? What's the harm in it? Banning account trading made more sense because it was an RMT cesspool. Level 1 toons being deleted and freeing up a name is ridiculously benign in comparison. The chances of someone RMTing a name seem pretty remote to me, and a threat of ban isn't really going to stop someone determined to do it that anyway since RMT is already against the rules.
I think it has to do with it being a potential CSR nightmare, X agrees to sell a name, Y pays X and then X doesn't delete it; or, X deletes the name waiting for payment, Y takes the name and then stiffs X; etc etc etc leading to all sorts of petitions and drama
Old 10-19-2019, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it has to do with it being a potential CSR nightmare, X agrees to sell a name, Y pays X and then X doesn't delete it; or, X deletes the name waiting for payment, Y takes the name and then stiffs X; etc etc etc leading to all sorts of petitions and drama
I think it's because allowing name trading encourages people to register and sit on as many names as possible. See domain registration in the 90's.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's because allowing name trading encourages people to register and sit on as many names as possible. See domain registration in the 90's.
So what you are saying this is especially classic for the 90's?

.....Classic.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-19-2019, 06:01 PM
Orc

I reserved too many names! I want to share them

I was bored and just hoarded a bunch of names during the wipe. In case you're wondering, I have a ton of accounts because I used to play on PEQTGC where you can box toons. I would like to share them with people who Really want the name, so pick one and message my forum inbox.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...08#post2991608
Closed Thread