Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 07:22 PM
Large Rat

Default Teal players moved to Green, yet...

Because we are still waiting for approval to play on the same server, my husband can't play. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2020, 07:26 PM
Large Rat

Default ARGHHHH!!!!

Okay. so i had to do a complete reinstall! Does this mean Ive lost my toons?
Old 01-19-2020, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because we are still waiting for approval to play on the same server, my husband can't play. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a temporary workaround, get a VPN.

Obligatory warning: If you try to do this to play two accounts at once ("two-box") it won't help: you will get caught, and you better hope it's sooner rather than later ... because if it's later you'll be losing two accounts you've invested heavily in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BUT ... if you only use this to let two humans play two accounts at once, it's 100% legal and allowed by the server rules. For $5/month (and only until your exemption is granted) you and your husband could be playing together on Green right now.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrycg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay. so i had to do a complete reinstall! Does this mean Ive lost my toons?
Toons live on the server: unless you explicitly delete them they're never lost, so they're almost certainly sitting there waiting for you right now.

You will have to redo any configuration though, like hotkeys/macros/friends list/etc.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverHawk1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must be doing something wrong, because I have done so over and over again.
I've heard of issues on Windows where, depending on how you do it, it doesn't really replace everything, and that causes problems.

I forget the details, and I'm not on Windows, but if you are that might be the issue. Maybe try a different zip program, or extract everything to a separate folder first, then copy it over, rather than doing it together?

The fix was something like that, but unfortunately I don't remember the details. If you check the technical forum you might have better luck.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

My son is paralyzed in both arms and hands he really liked to play druids/clerics before his accident but he still wants to play eq with me is it alright if i control his computer for him while i control my character on my computer? Can i download a vpn fr this?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/umbrella
Mind if I stand next to you? I'll bring the popcorn lol
Old 01-19-2020, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/umbrella
I've long since retired. Sad to see there's still a need for my services.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've long since retired. Sad to see there's still a need for my services.
You should come back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Teal sudden merge with green. Hi, I hope I can find the right words for this. But this merge has really handicapped those people trying to get their hands in a manastone/rubiBP and the likes. The list has doubled because of the merged. It is now harder to find a goof exp group camp 30+. I will like to request for the Teal server to come out with Kunark, since by then there will be lots more choices for hunting grounds and we do not have to worry about manastone and those other items. Please seriously consider.
Closed Thread